Camwood Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
Camwood bat came yesterday and we gave it a go. Dd was unsure about it at first because of the weight, it's a 30/24. Will weigh it later and see what the actual weight is. First swing off the tee she hit about 8" below the ball and hit the tee pretty far 🤣. From that point on though I was surprised with how well she hit the ball. She has always been a "spinner" and pulled the ball a lot. Every ball she hit except for 2 were to left center gap, hitting lefty. After the tee work I pitched to her using her regular, 30/19 PC, and I swear she was hitting harder based on the eyeball test. Time will tell I guess. I also plan to use it with her slapping drills even though I've not seen any reviews of slappers using it. I feel like it will be beneficial, she sees a lot of outside pitches and needs to work on not pulling off on those especially, that's been her biggest struggle with converting to slapping. I'll post again after we do a few more sessions. The first half of tee work we did the "Justin Stone" drill, we always do that first, and the second half was regular swings with belt high ball up the middle.I was wrong about the size, it’s 30/36.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
love the cam wood, actually I should say my daughter loves it. first introduced by her hitting coach we got her own, uses it on her own to help strengthen hands wrists and rigid point of contact when she hits against her tire machine. she has been using 32" of which I think I'm gonna move up to 33" to replicate the length of her bat during game play. may be selling her 32. but all in all there are so many different training aids out there each one has plus and minuses . I'm guilty for buying a lot of them ( not a fan of most) but the cam wood and probably the velo pro strap are the two biggest positive training aids that helped my daughter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478