In need of a new -8 bat.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2011
raleigh n.c.
DD is currently swinging a xeno 34/26 and is looking for a new bat. Have read a lot on here about the new bats, but all of them have mostly been -10. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the CF5, the Miken Freak, or the Worth 454 and if so do they seem more balanced or end loaded in the -8. DD is currently a sophmore and is a starting varsity player for the high school team. She also plays travel ball. She is 5'9", and a solid 160lbs.She has no problem getting the xeno around and is considered a power hitter. Looking for a bat with a larger sweet spot than what the xeno has. Any hits with xeno not on the sweet spot really seem to just die. Have only posted on here a few times, but really like to read the posts and the comments. I would like to thank everyone in advance as any input is appreciated.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
FYI, The Worth FP454 -8 has 2 strikes against it on the recent NCAA bat testing list (one more strike and it will be banned for NCAA play which could impact other leagues and associations).

May 22, 2011
St Louis, MO
My daughter started last season with a 454, by the end of the season was using a cf5. It's probably different for everyone, but DD had better results with the cf5 and said it didn't sting her hands as with her 454.

Mar 29, 2012
You cannot go wrong with a CF5 at any drop.

Not a -8 but a rockettech is -9 and endloaded. A powerhitters bat.

Oct 10, 2011
The cf5 might feel too light for her but it is a good bat. We just bought an old synergy but you could check out some slow pitch bats also for more options.

I swing a 2012 Miken Freak NXT in 34/26
Nice bat, had a chance to swing both the end-load and the balanced versions. Can't tell the difference really. But mine is the balanced version. Feels a bit lighter than 26oz.

Feb 7, 2011
raleigh n.c.
Thanks for the info on the 454 had not heard about that. I've always liked the RT and have tried to get DD to give it a try but she feels like the endload makes her drop the bathead. Found out after varsity game today one of her teamates just got the CF5 34/25 so gonna give that a try in practice .The local sports shop lets you demo bats so I'm going to check with them on the MIKEN. DD loves trying out all the bats DW is afraid we're going to come home with more than one:) Will let ya'll know what we decide on. Thanks for the info sofar.

Jan 26, 2012
A, A
DD likes a heavier bat so I have wondered if she can use a slowpitch bat in fastpitch (high school and travel).

If you can find on my DD is currently using a Demarini Phenix -8, she likes it becasue feels like a -10, but with the extra weight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA