I yelled "I got it I got it I got it " From Center Field

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2009
Bristol pa
skeeterbug, We had a very "enthusiastic" parent once. We gave him a score book and the line ups for each game. He keep score for the parents and compared notes with our official statistician after each game or tournament. He really helped our team and the parents loved knowing who was batting next and what the girl did at the previous at bats. This is one way that you can be really involved with the game and help out your DD team. Just a thought.

Feb 16, 2010
I guess this is a "had to been there" situation to get the just of it. I certainly did not distract the center fielder or others around, other than the parent who's dd was on the bench. My voice carries dearly and always did. Others were cheering also.
I apologized to the Feild Director yesterday and he told me not to worry about it because even their coaches didin't even know what I did. He told me they said I was being loud but thought that I should sit at the side of the field but not to leave. You also need to remember I have sat at 100's of ball games for over 9 years and had never once been talked to. I just recently moved to center field so I would not feed off of others nor them from me. It didn't work. Now I sit in the front row next to the fence and don't say a word. The director told me that if that was the most major complaint he would get then his job will be pretty easy. I think he was trying to make me feel better.
I am a very respected individual that wrote this not to get bashed but to build upon my mistakes and so others can learn.
Two years ago during a district playoff game there was a man in center field that was carrying on, whooping and hollering. He bothered me because it was quite annoying, I yell once and this happens. I asked my brother who that guy in center field was and he didn't know. Given that situation it seems to me from this post that he should have been asked to leave because he was distracting, annoying and bothering me.
Also last year some fans kept talking to the center fielder and it did bother her. She came in and told her coach, the coach called the umpire then the Director went out and asked then not to do that. Now that is understandable.
Yup, as you can see I am not over it. It's like being pulled over for speeding, I would rather get a warning and feel like this is a lesson learned instead of a $150.00 fine. Either way I guess it is a lesson. Speeding in wrong because speed limits are posted. Cheering the wrong thing is also wrong but knowhere is a sign saying what you can or cannot say nor WHEN you can and cannot say it. And since we all grew up in perfect households we should all think and respond the same.
Thanks for helping.

This part tells me that this is not a new thing. You likely moved away from the rest of the parents because you felt you were being a distraction or someone told you that you were. I would just work on not being so emotionally involved in the game. It's hard to do with the amount of time and energy most parents put into the sport. But you need to distance yourself from it and let the girls play. Don't be "That Guy" which it sounds like you are.

* assuming this is a real post and not some trolling.

Oct 19, 2009
OMG this just won't go away. I could do a stand up comedy act simply by printing the opening post and reading out loud to a group of people (with banjo music in the background).

Apr 12, 2010
I'm searching for a logical reason you would admit to this type of behavior.
It ranks right up there with bragging about crapping your pants imo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles