I wasn't going to brag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Who am I kidding, of course I am going to brag. DD generated the game wining RBI this past Saturday against a SoCal top 10 team (based upon bracketologist rankings on Hey Bucket). The score was tied 0 - 0 in the bottom of 5 and time for no new inning had expired. Our #3 batter led off with a single to left field and was able to use her speed to steal second and then advanced to third on a passed ball to #4 batter. DD bats in the #5 position and is known for her power. First pitch is a drop which DD fouls into the dirt. She steps out of the box takes her signs and then gets ready for the next pitch. To everyone's surprise, including me, coach had her bunt. She hid it so well at first I thought she had been hit by the ball. The opposing team was slow to react and the split second confusion allowed runner on 3rd to score. DD got thrown out but didn't matter as that was the winning run.

I was so impressed with DD. I don't even need a hand to count how many times she has bunted in a game in the past year prior to this bunt. Zero. I love it that when called to sacrifice she relied on training and reflex and didn't panic or hesitate.

Oct 18, 2009
Nice.

I like bragging here. You can get it out of your system and not have to feel like you have to call all your buddies with "another" story about DD. I never mention to any of my non softball friends any accomplishments anymore. I'm just going to do it here!

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
That's cool! It's so much fun to see your DD do her part as part of a team! Laying down a good bunt when needed to win a game is awsome! I love that kind of stuff. Congrats to your DD!

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
...and why weren't you going to brag??

I personally like to hear of the successes our kids have.

Great job on a well layed bunt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma