I/R in Knoxville Tennessee --- Coach Brandon Carr

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Now I know what Colonel Travis felt when he saw Davey Crockett and the Tennessee Volunteers. WE recently when to the 12U SEAA Tournament in Tennessee from Texas. I thought maybe we could find an I/R pitching coach in that state. I posted a thread on DfP. Thanks to Ken B he posted a link and thanks to Rick Pauly for recommending Brandon and Jamie Carr.

I called Brandon and he said he was booked but he would work us in no matter what. I also told him that I wanted to try and see him more than once. Brandon went way out of his way to acommodate us on the lesson times. The first night lesson was at 7:30pm. Not only did we get to work with him we also we able to work with Jamie his wife for a little while. My DD was so comfortable with them. The first night we worked on her mechanics. I was on cloud nine. A coach that teaches I/R! WoW! We left at 12 am in the morning! I could not believe that! Get this! The next lesson was Saturday night at 8pm. WE worked on her pitches. Our pitching coach from Texas had told my daughter not to throw the dropball in the tournament because it was not working. Brandon had her throwing the I/R dropball with movement within 15 mins! Too bad we were already out of the tournament. I was so excited! We did not leave his place until 1am in the morning. Man! I could not believe the time again! Who does that? I do not know what we did to deserve this. I felt very blessed! Brandon and Jamie really held up the true spirit of the Tennessee Volunteers.

What was great was that Coach Brandon also goes to the Website DFP. He seemed like family because of this. He is great friends with Rick Pauly and knew of all the big names on the website. It was a great connection! He knew all about the mechanics of I/R. He was AWESOME!

Because of DFP, we have met some amazing people (Java, Ken B, and Txnick). Thank you all for the support that you give us! I consider you guys friends for life.

I wish we lived closer to Knoxville Tennessee so that we could continue our lessons. I have made another great friend. Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for Coach Brandon and what he has done for DD.

Thanks again Coach!

Last edited:

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
Brandon and Jamie are first class instructors and even better people! I couldn't list the times they have went out of the way to help my daughter. They have played key roles in the development of numerous college and future college pitchers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06