I painted the softballs pink

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Here is another one of my hints, that turned out OK (thank goodness). I had a "clinic" last night where I was to teach pitching to three 9 and 10 year olds, while their coach ran practice on the same field.

I started out to write my name on 36 eleven inch softballs, but right there in the garage was 1/2 a can of pink spray paint. So, I thought that I would put a pink mark on each one. That turned into spraying the complete ball. I was surprised how they turned out. It made some pretty rough looking balls, look nice, again.

The girls loved the balls. Then, at the end of the night - they collected my 36 pink balls and there was no "Is this your ball?"

I will see how the color stands up to repeated practices, but last night was fine.

Now, I am thinking that I might spray paint the 12 inch balls, another color - because sometimes I can't tell an 11 inch ball from a 12 inch ball. :confused:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Pink for Breast cancer awareness, nice.Pix for proof (and the 12" balls already are a different color!) Your smart lol. Added plus you were probably able to see where the girls made contact on the bat. Was there pink on the bats?

Jul 26, 2010
Nice! I think I had to pay $6 for pink balls my 7 year old wanted for sale at a breast cancer awareness tournament. That was a fun tournament, they had painted the bases pink and used pink chalk for the field.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
We didn't hit the balls. I was teaching pitching.

All balls are yellow. My pink ones made it easy for the girls to pick mine out of the bucket fulls that were already on the field. So, I might pick a color like teal, to use on the 12s. I bet I have been losing a dozen balls a year, that get in other people's buckets or the girls bags. Maybe I can find a different shade of pink for the 12s. Also, we should be able to pick them out of the underbrush/cactus better. I'll go take a picture.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
We didn't hit the balls. I was teaching pitching.

All balls are yellow. My pink ones made it easy for the girls to pick mine out of the bucket fulls that were already on the field. So, I might pick a color like teal, to use on the 12s. I bet I have been losing a dozen balls a year, that get in other people's buckets or the girls bags. Maybe I can find a different shade of pink for the 12s. Also, we should be able to pick them out of the underbrush/cactus better. I'll go take a picture.

Get colored permanent markers and you and your DGD can decorate the 12" balls like easter eggs!

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Great idea! I took your idea and spraypainted softballs in one of our HS team colors - I hadn't thought that it would work (before seeing your post), but it worked great! I bought paint pens in the other HS color and I am going to have all of the girls sign the balls as gifts for our seniors.
Thanks!