I need someone to yell at me please.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Here is the thought process that allowed me to step off the "Crazy Train".

1) "This game belongs to the girls!" - Say it...Repeat it...Own it!
2) It can't mean more to you than it does to them.
3) Think back to your days as a youth playing sports. Did some adult (Dad, Mom, Coach...) critique everything you ever did on the field? These girls can't get away from it. Every throw, catch or swing, there is an adult nearby telling them to do it differently.

LET THEM BE KIDS!

They need to be allowed to make mistakes without someone being disappointed. That's how they get better. Just love the fact they are out there trying.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I occasionally spend a few weeks in the stands, only to be reminded of how much more peaceful it is in the coach's box at 1B or 3B.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Really!!!!! You don't like watching a bunch of 12yr olds running around having a great time, nothing here to be uptight about. Just think, 5 or 6 more years and it may be gone. You should try and enjoy it.

Apr 3, 2011
I have felt what you felt, maybe not as intensely, or maybe revisionist memory. The times I have felt hatred it turned out to be that I was personalizing the team's/kid's performance, setting unrealistic expectations, and feeling embarrassed. You know the team has some problems originating from the draft, you seem to understand how it's likely to go, so if you can let go of the emotion you can set your expectations realistically. Whether you can enjoy that or not, I have no idea.

I have my chair in the outfield, with a liter of ice-cold Tejava. There are others like me at every game, come on out.
These may help too: Tootsie Pops Assorted (100 ct.) - Sam's Club

Mine was/is caramel apple suckers.

I love to watch my DD's, there is nothing that brings me more joy.

Some games I am part of the outfield crew, at some I am allow myself to sit in the stands knowing that I cannot become part of the game.

Nov 17, 2010
This week, I had the pleasure of attending my daughter's 4th and 5th grade band performance (she plays trumpet). Now, all of the kids are beginners on their instrument and as you can imagine they aren't playing Chopin or Bach, just simple songs - Bingo, frere jacques, that kind of thing.

Everytime a clarinet squeaked, or the flutes or trumpets were playing the wrong note, or the percussions were too loud or off beat, no parents in the audienced gasped or groaned, or yelled and screamed. Everyone clapped and cheered after every song regardless of how awful it was to listen to. It was the same set of parents that watch little Johnny or Suzy on the diamond or soccer field. Why does a musical performance not get the same negative reaction that a sporting event would typically get? Perhaps it's becuase there is no score, but I think it's because the parents realize that the kids are learning. They aren't professionals. They aren't ready to be on TV. The musical performance is just a showcase of what they've learned so far and not a culmination of months of practice to be scored and judged.

Just soem thoughts.

-D (PS. I took three Advil when I got home)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06