Meetings with Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
My DD has a new coach this season. And more than 1/2 the roster is freshmen. Coach has talked to all of the upper classmen about what she thinks their role in the team might be in the spring. She hasn’t talked to the freshmen yet because she’s really still getting to know them and there’s no prior season stats to go by. Every upperclassman but one had a response similar to your DDs.
The better players are usually those who recognize their weaknesses.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing - Socrates

Ha, hit post before I finished. I think it is amazing that your DD acknowledges her points of improvement. I highlighted Socrates quote as it seems relevent here for sure. DD sometimes has the opposite, check out the Dunning/Krueger effect! Sometimes the people who are weakest pretend to know the most!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing - Socrates

Ha, hit post before I finished. I think it is amazing that your DD acknowledges her points of improvement. I highlighted Socrates quote as it seems relevent here for sure. DD sometimes has the opposite, check out the Dunning/Krueger effect! Sometimes the people who are weakest pretend to know the most!
I did look up Dunning/Krueger and super interesting and I think this totally applies and it actually explains a lot of behavior of a lot of girls I have seen over the years!

Aug 7, 2018
Thanks everyone for all of the great replies! I know I have no say in anything but I just wanted to get some thoughts. I am just hoping for the best for her and that she has a great experience, playing or not. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802