I hate side toss, do you?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
90% of teams do not side toss from 45 degree angle. Especially when players soft toss to themselves. Great vid RHC!

May 31, 2012
Who's the hitter in the toss video? Duran? What do yall think of her swing when doing the drill.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Who's the hitter in the toss video? Duran? What do yall think of her swing when doing the drill.

I hear you ..... not pretty swings ..... and yet at the 1:05 mark Candrea speaks of the importance of quality over quantity .... but with nothing less than 100 cuts ..... so he stresses quality over quantity, along with sufficient quantity.

Honestly ..... this drill is NOT one of Candrea's main drills.

Sep 17, 2009
Side-tossing two balls at once seems like a good way to take a mis-hit or double-hit off the face.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Sorry, but I don't like side-toss. It use to be a main part of the practices I had years ago, but I can't remember the last time I did it lately.

Oct 25, 2009
Pardon me if I missed this during previous posting regarding pre-game warm-ups: does anyone else use navy beans?

We used pinto beans on occasion. They DO sting. Wearing some type of glasses is recommended or a baseball cap with the brim pulled down. We never had any injuries. We also used them for self toss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad