I hate coaching politics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2010
thanks now i just need help setting the damn thing up< what forms do i use, what associations, what tourney to look for, etc....

Feb 8, 2009
If you are looking to give your kids opportunities , play NSA or USSSA . They have player friendly rules. You can bat 11 , and all girls in the order are interchangeable on the field. I like the flexibility without substituting.
thanks now i just need help setting the damn thing up< what forms do i use, what associations, what tourney to look for, etc....

Aug 22, 2009
17 girls on a team, and 5 of them had infield positions nailed down. I am surprised the team lasted more than one tournament. 11 players seems to be a good number, maybe 12, but 17?

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I have experienced something similar to Daddyball where the coach has no kids on the team, but he plays favorites and has younger sisters of former players. DD wasn't a favorite. He liked girls who were mouthy, thought it showed spirit. DD is quiet. she finished the year a worse player than when she started, self esteem in the dumper. Then she went to HS and guess who was the new HS Freshman coach?
He played girls over DD that weren't any better but he liked them better. made DD the DH for the 2nd half of the season so he wouldn't have to play her at all. At the year-end banquet he gave out awards, some to girls he thought needed encouragement to stay in the program. (girls with attitude problems)

Good thing she has other teams to play on.
Track and field remains an option.

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
As long as we're telling Daddy-ball stories. My DD is a catcher, naturally strong arm, mentally tough, loves the spot. We were on a 12U TB team and the head coach really wanted DD on the team. Cool. The assistant coach was Mr. Daddy-ball coach. His DD was the pitcher and she wanted her best friend to catch her. She literally threw fits on the field if my DD caught for her. The best friend could barely throw the ball back to pitcher's mound and no where near make it to second base (she was a nice kid though). My DD usually caught for the second pitcher (who was far better than the first). This went on all summer.

One time DD was in the OF and threw the ball in from about 150 feet out to home on a fly going after a runner. Daddy-ball coach suggested maybe she should play outfield all of the time because she has a strong arm. My DD commented back "I know, that's why I'm a catcher, to throw 'em out a second." Daddy-ball coach just walked away.

We switched organizations the next summer.

Sep 3, 2009
The assistant coach was Mr. Daddy-ball coach. His DD was the pitcher and she wanted her best friend to catch her. She literally threw fits on the field if my DD caught for her. The best friend could barely throw the ball back to pitcher's mound and no where near make it to second base (she was a nice kid though). My DD usually caught for the second pitcher (who was far better than the first). This went on all summer.

We left a situation exactly like that. The coach's dd would only pitch to her best friend. The coach's dd pitched 95% of the games. When the other (better) pitcher left, my dd had noone to catch for, since the "ace" refused to pitch to her. The team eventually imploded and lost half their players.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12