I hate basketball!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
6 weeks is usually the magic number for breaks. Sorry to hear this.

I have a pitcher out right now with a broken pinky that was also dislocated. It was caused by a line drive, not a basketball.

Pinkie.jpg

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My starting pitcher broke her finger in gym class.... thanks basketball

4 of my players will not be able to attend about half of our winter practices due to playing basketball...... thanks basketball

3 other girls will be cheerleaders at the boys basketball games, they will also be missing a ton of practices.... thanks basketball

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Eric, my 10 y/o has been bugging to play basketball this winter, so I signed her up in the city league. Now you have got me worried.

May 22, 2012
Eric, My DD broke a finger in soccer and was back in action in 4 weeks. It was a mild break with no displacements

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
I loathe basketball for softball players. Fingers are minor issues compared to when they start blowing out knees and losing 12 months instead of a few weeks. The number of girls I've seen lose softball opportunities in college because of knee injuries playing HS basketball is crazy.

Yep, jamed/broken fingers are one thing, but a lot of knee injuries on the hard wood.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Yep, jamed/broken fingers are one thing, but a lot of knee injuries on the hard wood.

Truthfully when I read the title, I was thinking knee injury. All court sports tend to be hard on the knees and ankles. DD rolled her ankle in volleyball earlier this year. She had to wrap it during our last big tournament to catch. We were down to two gimpy catchers. Had to throw in a position player to catch at one point.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
DD roasted her ankle 3 weeks ago during her basketball game. She could barely run on it but said she could play in that weekends softball tourney. She went 9 for 12 but her doubles would have been triples and the triple might have been a 4 bagger. Two weeks later she was jogging into the dugout after warm ups and rolled her 'still weak' ankle.

I hate BB.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, my 10 y/o has been bugging to play basketball this winter, so I signed her up in the city league. Now you have got me worried.

Just say no!

Eric, My DD broke a finger in soccer and was back in action in 4 weeks. It was a mild break with no displacements

Maddie broke her left index finger playing basketball about 2 years ago. Almost identical fracture. Different finger. If I recall, it was 3 weeks before she could play, and a couple more before catching was comfortable enough to tolerate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish