Hate this for players.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
We have two weeks left until post season begins. In Indiana every team plays in a sectional and it is win or go home. So We could be done in two weeks from today.

Senior rounds second hard planning to head to third and defense realizes she is there after a play at the plate. They throw behind her and she dives back into second. Her right hand jams into the SS cleat and instant tears. I hear her from 3rd base coaches box. I run out to check on her and she can't move her hand. (Side not to all umpires, please do not come to a hurt player and try to diagnose the situation. Have her hear you say it's definitely dislocated. I may have been a little rude when I said can we just shut up right now?)

The only thing she said to me was, "Coach I can not be hurt now. The season is almost over and I need to finish."

We get home from the game and mom calls, broken hand and hair line wrist fracture. Career gone like that. Any players reading this enjoy every at bat every ground ball and every pitch.

Mar 13, 2010
Oh that’s awful! That poor girl. I’ve never heard of that happening before!

I’m another who hate umpires diagnosing. I had a ball come back and skim my right hand. It stung! But nothing serious. He tells my coach I’ve broken my hand. I barely have pain at this point. I’m then made to pitch to ‘make sure I’m ok’ I’m fine. He still made me 🙄

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I have to say I read the thread title wrong and originally thought it said "Hate this player"
But OP, yes sad way to end a softball career on an injury.

May 29, 2015
As a player who went out on an injury, it sucks to have the game taken away from you in that manner. However, you soon realize that playing the game wasn’t going to be your life anyway.

You also realize there are many great ways to stay around the game and plant that seed in the next generations ... become a coach, take on a leadership role in your local league, or (my favorite option!) become an umpire.

Sorry to hear that it ended that way, but try to help her see it as the start of the next chapter. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles