I gave away my NECC DVD:)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
DD's been going to her organization's Catcher/pitcher practices once a week since the season ended. They have it twice a week but it's not mandatory so I was taking her out once a week to work with me-mostly because it's about the only other time I see her and she sleeps on the way to practice. I was a bit frustrated with the way they were teaching the catchers, so I finally took Greenmonster's advice and I "donated" the DVD to the organization. The coach in charge of the practices said he'd seen so many all ready, but he'd take a look. Just this past practice, I noticed he is making some changes to his teaching. So far it's mostly on how the catcher's get in their stance, and also on their throws to second.
I was afraid of stepping on their toes because they are very successful, but I'm glad I did.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Sorry you had to give away your NECC DVD....for pitching I just forward the pitching coaches the link to the IR and BI sticky threads on DFP.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Sorry you had to give away your NECC DVD....for pitching I just forward the pitching coaches the link to the IR and BI sticky threads on DFP.

Too many skeletons in the DFP closet for some of us to provide that link!

This spring will be it for DD so I'm thinking of some sort of a DFP contest to give away my NECC DVD.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
DD's been going to her organization's Catcher/pitcher practices once a week since the season ended. They have it twice a week but it's not mandatory so I was taking her out once a week to work with me-mostly because it's about the only other time I see her and she sleeps on the way to practice. I was a bit frustrated with the way they were teaching the catchers, so I finally took Greenmonster's advice and I "donated" the DVD to the organization. The coach in charge of the practices said he'd seen so many all ready, but he'd take a look. Just this past practice, I noticed he is making some changes to his teaching. So far it's mostly on how the catcher's get in their stance, and also on their throws to second.
I was afraid of stepping on their toes because they are very successful, but I'm glad I did.

Good job IML. While there are merits to both approaches, it sounds like you handled it tactfully and directly rather than tying it to a rock and throwing it through a window anonymously!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish