I can see...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
the seam imprint on DDs thigh. Got hit on pitch way inside. Can literally count the individual seams. Toughed it out and continued to play. Proud of her.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Got it on the arm once from a foul tip when I was umpiring. Hurt like hell and could count the seams on the bruise also. I agree, your DD is tough!

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Currently wearing: seams over eyebrow (ball glanced off my glove, hit head--side story: Coach comes running asking if I was okay. I, thinking fast, decide to pull one over on him. I look at him and say who are you? His eyes get HUGE and starts freaking out saying oh my god oh my god. Then I start laughing. He could have killed me.), seams on leg, and that's all I can think of at the moment. So, I definitely feel her pain. Especially as one who is frequently hit by pitch--just my luck!

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
I have a nice one on my left knee from a wieghted ball. That will teach me not to jump in to catch someone during pitching practice when her catcher has to make a bathroom run.

Seam marks are a badge of honor. I always tell them to wear them proud, they get robbed if they get hit and no seam shows up.

Apr 2, 2010
Seam marks are a badge of honor. I always tell them to wear them proud, they get robbed if they get hit and no seam shows up.

My dd would completely agree. She got hbp on her left outer thigh so hard about six weeks ago, that it took over a month to completely fade. She was so prod of it she wanted to post pictures of her "badge of honor" on Facebook. Mom said, "Ah, no."

She did get to show it off in her school athletics class, though. :)

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I had one so bad during PE one time that it was shown to the class (I have pictures somewhere) when doing crunches with feet up in the air. My gym shorts went down so you could see it, my entire leg was black and blue and purple and yellow. The PE teacher said I ought to be sitting, ha... won't let that stop me.