I am not going to brag, I am not going to brag, I am, oh forget it, I am bragging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
(Says the girl who is getting nostalgic b/c her softball career will probably be over in a little more than a year)

Listen here young lady!! Don't make me come over there!!

You mispoke a little bit there. If you don't get the opportunity to play in college, and don't continue to play in adult rec ball, then your PLAYING career is over. After reading your posts for the last six months I don't believe for one minute your softball career is over once you are no longer playing the game. You've got decades of softball left in your journey...coach.

Seriously. I'd sell an organ on the black market to get a person of your age, with your passion for the sport interested in coaching with my organisation. You have shown your interest in coaching, pursue it with the same enthusiasm you play.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Whoa whoa...what's this all about??
Eh, I'm seventeen. Last season of rec ball is coming to a close, then All Stars will be over in a blink of an eye. (Remember, travel isn't that big here). I do play Varsity softball at my high school, but next year is going to be *hell* to get on. I didn't start this year, which some people didn't agree with. Coach told me before we started that I was at the bottom of the pecking order, however, I'm the kind of person that might not play that often but I contribute in other ways. I'm the mother of the team, taking care of everyone, all that jazz.

Unfortunately, do to the lack of TB around here there aren't that many options for college softball...as much as I'd love to.

The point of me saying that is that I'm getting all nostalgic and taking pictures of everything... I want to cherish this forever.

Listen here young lady!! Don't make me come over there!!

You mispoke a little bit there. If you don't get the opportunity to play in college, and don't continue to play in adult rec ball, then your PLAYING career is over. After reading your posts for the last six months I don't believe for one minute your softball career is over once you are no longer playing the game. You've got decades of softball left in your journey...coach.

Seriously. I'd sell an organ on the black market to get a person of your age, with your passion for the sport interested in coaching with my organisation. You have shown your interest in coaching, pursue it with the same enthusiasm you play.
Adult rec ball? Other than church softball (I'm not the religious type) there is nothing here. And playing slowpitch wouldn't even be right for me.

However, I know that I will enjoy my coaching. As I've mentioned before, I help with a 10U and a 13U team. Love my little girls. However, I worry that my future in coaching even will be limited because I probably won't be able to play college softball. I'd love to coach a college team, but I know nothing about getting those jobs and I'm sure they wouldn't want to hand it to someone who hasn't even played college softball. That being said, I'll always have the opportunity to coach at my home organization... I just crave more.

Bishop, I don't know how much traveling you do with softball but if you're ever around VA for a tournament or something send me a PM. It would be stellar to meet up, exchange tips, watch some of your girls play ball, etc. I've talked about this with others on the forum, would be lovely.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Amanda,
Last time I looked, men were not allowed to play college softball and they are coaching college teams. If you work hard enough, long enough you can do anything you want. Don't put limits on yourself just bacause no one else is doing it.

Get into school, go into coaching and follow your dream.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Amanda, Here is what I did. I went to college and got a PE degree. There are a lot more opportunities in that, even now. Some people go into athletic training.

Then, you want to study and become an official in every sport that you possibly can.

Also, join all of the professional organizations and go to every coaching clinic that you can.

Make yourself known to the PE department and the softball coach at your university. Tell them that you will do whatever job, no matter how lowly, that they need done.

Get all A's.

Let me know what else you need to know. There are many, many small colleges that need softball players, where you don't have to compete with the big dogs. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00