I am not going to brag, I am not going to brag, I am, oh forget it, I am bragging

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Pool game #1 last night. Top of the 5th and and DD comes up to bat with bases loaded and 1 out and no new inning time expired. We were up 4 - 1 at that point but with a six run limit the game was still within reach. The pitcher was above average for a rec ball pitcher but was pitching at the corners to my DD. She missed a few close pitches and the count was 3 - 1. I gave DD the swing away sign and boy did she ever. The left field fence was 205 and she cleared that with the ball just starting its downward descent. Behind the field were a row of trees presumably to protect the cars in the parking lot. Unfortunately they were young trees and DD cleared them. The next thing we hear is a loud tanggggggg. Right off the hood of a car at least 235 feet from home plate. Left a nice softball size dent.

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
And what does she swing? Congratulations!

My DD never hit one out but she could score some inside the park, true HRs. Those were always exciting, too.

Dec 28, 2008
I thought you were going to end with ... I know the dent was softball sized because it was our car. ;)

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
HAHAHA, last weekend my car was the recipient of a foul ball hard to the hood. Oh well, another war wound.

...more importantly - CONGRATULATIONS to your DD!

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I can take a picture of the game ball. All the players and coaches signed it.
Get one with her and the game ball. I hit a homerun the other week. They give a medal out after every game and I got it. Went home, and of course took pictures with me and the medal. Cherish these days, they'll be over soon enough. (Says the girl who is getting nostalgic b/c her softball career will probably be over in a little more than a year)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles