Huge THANK YOU for Amanda Scarborough

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Many of you read about our ongoing issues with our dd's pars fracture - and I heard privately from a couple of you who were having similar issues with your dd's. That lead me to write to Amanda Scarborough on Facebook, and I asked her to help us get the word out on prevention and identifying the symptoms so these girls didn't end up with season or career-ending back fractures. I can't believe that, somehow in the middle of her busy schedule, she found time to do it - but she did. She linked to the main study that circulates from Palo Alto, and she posted it on her Facebook page.

If we are able to prevent even one family from having to experience what we've gone through, then it makes the pill a little less bitter to swallow. So a HUGE shout out to Amanda for using her respected status to get some light shone on the subject!! So appreciative! :D Amanda, if you read this, THANK YOU!!!

https://www.facebook.com/amanda9scarborough

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I am not overly surprised that she did that. No, I don't know her but have seen enough players step up when needed. The Alabama players come to mind following the tornado. Monica Abbott and Jenny Finch pitch in (pun intended) and lend a hand. So a tip of the hat to Amanda Scarborough for helping out.

I realize a lot of people that aren't famous help out as well but often those with some fame add weight to the situation. I guess that's why they trot out celebs to testify before congress. Whistling past the graveyard of moderators...:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd