Thank you for all the great ideas!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 13, 2020
We haven't been, but we are a young 10u team so I haven't been pushing it them. I just want a clean catch and a good throw without rushing them yet. As the girls progress you can have the batter run through 1st before getting back in line to push the fielders to be quicker. Would need to put a coach or parent at 1st to catch the throws so you don't hit a runner. As the girls progress I plan on ramping it up by using a pitching machine instead of me lobbing it in. I want to make sure the game stays lively with lots of hits right now to challenge the girls to field and throw. If I go to the pitching machine to early then we just end up with a bunch of strike outs.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Awesome! Thanks for the response. One last thing do you start out with everyone in line to hit and nobody in the field?

Apr 30, 2018
Awesome! Thanks for the response. One last thing do you start out with everyone in line to hit and nobody in the field?
Correct. Everybody is in line to bat. You start with two strikes. So at first it is easier with no one fielding. It gets progressively harder as the girls strike out and you have more and more fielders. We also play that the last girl has to hit it to win. If I strike her out then I win and we start a new game.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom