HS vs TB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
See, you need to move to California. There's are two dodgeball leagues that I'm aware of. One plays at a City Beach club, and the other is a trampoline center that has a dodgeball specific enclosed arena (trampoline floors and 45 degree trampoline walls) that has a dodgeball league. My kid had a birthday party there years ago and I was wondering if SNL was filming at the time, but it was just league night ;)

-W

So this is what Joba Chamberlain must have been doing with his kid when he did his ankle. Wait a minute, the Yanks train in FL? OK, I get it, its a Cali chain w/ a FL branch.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Goodness. Back in the late 60's-early 70's, we often played kickball at recess, but no one ever considered it a serious sport. We were trapped on the playground and it was simply something to do. Drunken kickball sounds like a lot of fun!

DD's grade school had organized kickball teams at recess. I thought she'd enjoy it and asked her about it once, but she looked at me as though I was insane. They do still play dodgeball during PE, however, and just as in my childhood, it's co-ed. From what she has recounted, the boys at her middle school did not take DD seriously and she was able to deal out some big hits this year. ;-)

DD's HS had an annual co-ed dodgeball fundraiser - most of the boys learned the hard way that there were a few SB player arms that merited respect if they didn't want to become roadkill!

May 31, 2012
South Texas
DD's HS had an annual co-ed dodgeball fundraiser - most of the boys learned the hard way that there were a few SB player arms that merited respect if they didn't want to become roadkill!

Have to admit, we get some pretty good arms from throwing the big round ball across the field. But arms are straight to the back, no angle or bent elbow whatsoever yet they are darn good on target. I have a hard time getting them to throw with good mechanics. That's why I enjoy this forum plenty.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Playing kickball during elementary school recess is as American as apple pie, but I will have to say that this is the first time I have ever heard of a competitive kickball league.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523