HS autograph

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2020
This isn’t so much for my DD but thought it was worth mentioning. Our local HS was playing section playoffs and they have a very good pitcher. Anyway we went to the game and ended up sitting and meeting the pitchers grand parents and even her mom.

My DD was aware of this pitcher (my DD pitches) and at the end of the game when we met the pitchers mom, my DD told her my she wanted her daughters autograph (she even brought a ball and pen to the game). We didn’t know if it would happen. Needless to say she was very appreciative (and shocked) and helped facilitate getting her daughters autograph for my DD after the game. (Team ended up winning 1-0 and she ended up throwing a no-hitter, second in a row and 8th on the season)

When my DD nervously asked for the autograph, this girl was shocked as well and was unbelievably sweet and kind. Funny enough, she said she didn’t even have a signature and wrote her name with a smiley face.

Luckily this girl is only a JR and has her SR year left so we can watch next year. She definitely made my daughters day and now inspired my daughter to play Varsity ball.

So to grandparents and mom of this girl (and obviously your daughter) if your out there I wanted to thank you for talking to us and helping my daughter get the autograph. My daughter was thrilled and excited for the opportunity to get her “signature” and made her day and has someone to look up to.

Apr 1, 2017
That might be the most 21st century thing I have ever heard :LOL:
For our 15u team, there is a 'code of conduct' form that the players need to sign. I'd say a little over half told me they don't have a signature, and either printed their name, or made up a scribble on the spot.

Jul 27, 2020
It's a good reminder that younger kids really look up to high school players.

It certainly is. My DD was pumped and was like maybe she will be famous one day and I have her autograph. Just thought there was something so innocent and simply about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
For our 15u team, there is a 'code of conduct' form that the players need to sign. I'd say a little over half told me they don't have a signature, and either printed their name, or made up a scribble on the spot.
A lot of schools don't teach cursive anymore and tbh I understand why as there are a lot more important things to be learning and only so many hours in the day 🤷‍♂️ I think my DD knows how to sign her name, or she did at one point at least.

Mar 6, 2016
A lot of schools don't teach cursive anymore and tbh I understand why as there are a lot more important things to be learning and only so many hours in the day 🤷‍♂️ I think my DD knows how to sign her name, or she did at one point at least.

Heck, schools don't really even teach any form of handwriting anymore. NONE. Everything is in a Google doc or Word or typed in some way on a computer or device. Maybe a poetry class or math or science where you need to write/jot down equations, etc.

I tink we cee da negotive lng trm changes/consecuenses suun of how texting n shortning n abreveating errthing is gunna have on spellin and gramer and stuff. 😵 🤪

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Heck, schools don't really even teach any form of handwriting anymore. NONE. Everything is in a Google doc or Word or typed in some way on a computer or device. Maybe a poetry class or math or science where you need to write/jot down equations, etc.
My students will probably tell you somebody needs to teach me handwriting.. :oops:

Mar 6, 2016
It certainly is. My DD was pumped and was like maybe she will be famous one day and I have her autograph. Just thought there was something so innocent and simply about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My reading comprehension is and has always been awful....but how old is your DD? At first, when I read this my mind thought your DD was also in HS on an opposing team.

Now that I am older than all major league sports athletes I can't see myself asking for autographs (maybe Mike Trout), but when I was a kid it was a huge rush of excitement for sure. I think that was pretty cool for your DD, especially if this pitcher turns out to be the next Jennie Finch or Cat O. Ya never know....:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying