HS autograph

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2020
My reading comprehension is and has always been awful....but how old is your DD? At first, when I read this my mind thought your DD was also in HS on an opposing team.

Now that I am older than all major league sports athletes I can't see myself asking for autographs (maybe Mike Trout), but when I was a kid it was a huge rush of excitement for sure. I think that was pretty cool for your DD, especially if this pitcher turns out to be the next Jennie Finch or Cat O. Ya never know....:)

Sorry about, my DD is 11. You’re 100% right you never know. Heck maybe they will run into each other at a clinic or something and remember DD, which would prob leave her speechless. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Heck, schools don't really even teach any form of handwriting anymore. NONE. Everything is in a Google doc or Word or typed in some way on a computer or device. Maybe a poetry class or math or science where you need to write/jot down equations, etc.

I tink we cee da negotive lng trm changes/consecuenses suun of how texting n shortning n abreveating errthing is gunna have on spellin and gramer and stuff. 😵 🤪

The teachers and curriculum writers have totally destroyed the school system.

May 29, 2015
A lot of schools don't teach cursive anymore and tbh I understand why as there are a lot more important things to be learning and only so many hours in the day 🤷‍♂️ I think my DD knows how to sign her name, or she did at one point at least.

Except … I would argue NOT teaching it is a form of teaching illiteracy. So much of history is written in cursive. Not teaching cursive is like saying “You don’t need to know how to read because a computer can read it to you” OR “You don’t need to know math because you have a calculator.”

It is hand-in-hand with the loss of critical thinking skills due to the way many schools are teaching (or rather, failing to teach).

May 29, 2015

I wouldn’t put that on the teachers, but I understand your take.

Bad teachers are hired by bad administrators who are the people making those bad decisions. Many good teachers are handcuffed into these bad systems.

Jun 8, 2016
Except … I would argue NOT teaching it is a form of teaching illiteracy. So much of history is written in cursive. Not teaching cursive is like saying “You don’t need to know how to read because a computer can read it to you” OR “You don’t need to know math because you have a calculator.”

It is hand-in-hand with the loss of critical thinking skills due to the way many schools are teaching (or rather, failing to teach).
I suppose. I am not passionate enough about either side to think critically about it and put forth an argument...😂

Mar 6, 2016

As a teacher myself of over 25 years I will, in part, disagree with you about blaming the teachers. Depending on the subject, handwriting isn't really needed much at all. I teach Computer Graphics and 3D Design and everything is on the computer. Also, most of the curriculum is not a teacher's own choice. It is dictated to us for most subject by the state/district. Most of the blame is at the state level and forced upon the teachers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2