Howard's Hitting Matrix - It Works!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
DD pitching coach has a number of pitchers who holds records at many school such as Middle TN, UTC and Georgia Tech to name a few. He also teaches fielding, over hand throwing and hitting. He told me he posted on a forum a few years ago when squashing the bug was taught by most instructors, not sure if it was this forum or not.

He did a study with the assist of his friend, who he coached his daughter, and his friend was an orthopedic surgeon. The study involved the stress on the knee and joints on squashing the bug and he discovered squashing the bug hitting mechanics resulted in too much stress to the body of a young athlete. The study was indorsed by a surgeon group at a local hospital.

He posted the study on the forum and was ridiculed for his effort until he quit posting all together he came to the conclusion his time would be better spent teaching and learning how the body works and reducing the stress on the young people in sports. Everything he teaches is backed up by surgeons and is designed to reduce stress on young athletes. He requested that I not post his name on any forum and I have honored his request.

Alabama head coach has advised during the off season he spends much of his time attending hitting clinics, where if he sees what he is currently teaching reinforces he is on the right track and if he learns something new he can use even better. I like to think that about myself to learn to reinforce what I am doing is correct and to learn something new to teach.

I hope my DD is successful in softball, but more important she is taught proper mechanics which will keep her injury free both during her career and later in life. IMO Howard/Hitter is one person that under stands how the body works and he teaches the proper mechanics for success and fluid body movement that reduces short term and long term injury. :cool:

I have always attempted to find people who are successful and learn from them hoping to make myself a better coach and give the kids the best opportunity for a successful and safe experience in softball and baseball. :)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
DD pitching coach has a number of pitchers who holds records at many school such as Middle TN, UTC and Georgia Tech to name a few. He also teaches fielding, over hand throwing and hitting. He told me he posted on a forum a few years ago when squashing the bug was taught by most instructors, not sure if it was this forum or not.

He did a study with the assist of his friend, who he coached his daughter, and his friend was an orthopedic surgeon. The study involved the stress on the knee and joints on squashing the bug and he discovered squashing the bug hitting mechanics resulted in too much stress to the body of a young athlete. The study was indorsed by a surgeon group at a local hospital.

He posted the study on the forum and was ridiculed for his effort until he quit posting all together he came to the conclusion his time would be better spent teaching and learning how the body works and reducing the stress on the young people in sports. Everything he teaches is backed up by surgeons and is designed to reduce stress on young athletes. He requested that I not post his name on any forum and I have honored his request.

Alabama head coach has advised during the off season he spends much of his time attending hitting clinics, where if he sees what he is currently teaching reinforces he is on the right track and if he learns something new he can use even better. I like to think that about myself to learn to reinforce what I am doing is correct and to learn something new to teach.

I hope my DD is successful in softball, but more important she is taught proper mechanics which will keep her injury free both during her career and later in life. IMO Howard/Hitter is one person that under stands how the body works and he teaches the proper mechanics for success and fluid body movement that reduces short term and long term injury. :cool:

I have always attempted to find people who are successful and learn from them hoping to make myself a better coach and give the kids the best opportunity for a successful and safe experience in softball and baseball. :)

I understand... I feel the same way. Thanks.
I was lucky to find one just like that.
His name begins with a "H"

SL

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Got Bustos's videos. Finished watching them last night. The girl in the video demonstrating is a long time Howard girl.
He was her hitting coach since gradeschool and she played D-1 ball in college. I believe she has been out for a couple of years.
Very nice swing she has, very nice swing path and finish.

Good stuff on the video's. I like the two ball side toss.

Straightleg

Nov 30, 2013
Got Bustos's videos. Finished watching them last night. The girl in the video demonstrating is a long time Howard girl.
He was her hitting coach since gradeschool and she played D-1 ball in college. I believe she has been out for a couple of years.
Very nice swing she has, very nice swing path and finish.

Good stuff on the video's. I like the two ball side toss.

Straightleg

Just ordered her dvds this morning.Can't wait to get them!!

Nov 30, 2013
She tells it like no ther hitting video I have ever watched. And I have bought way too many over the years.
She is to the point, and straightup.

SL

Sounds great!.We own all of Hillhouses pitching dvds,but these will be our first hitting dvds.How many hours are all 3 dvds if you were to guess?

Oct 19, 2009
She tells it like no ther hitting video I have ever watched. And I have bought way too many over the years.
She is to the point, and straightup.

SL

I have the Got Bustos's DVDs and I thought they were great.

IMO a must have for any serious SB player or coach!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves