Howard Carrier Videos on Forum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Posting Howard Carrier's videos on this Discussion Forum takes this forum to a whole new level.

In the past all of us have benefitted from video clips and analysis of top college and MLB players. Carriers videos with explanations give a baseline and reference point to compare what is being taught and is repeatable in drills to what occurs in actual successful swings. Same with Tewks videos.

It is a major commitment in terms to time, resources not to mention exposing yourself to criticism. I think it is extremely valueable and I hope others will do the same.

It is one thing to watch a video clip and analyze what you believe is happening (which is valueable). It is quite another thing to post a video and explain the purpose of each movement. I hope we will see the same thing in pitching.

As soon as I stop changing what I am thinking every week...I'll post my videos too!

Feb 14, 2010
I agree 100%. I promised Tewks some video of my DD and I'm trying to get it loaded. He's helped my daughter out ALOT.

May 11, 2009
Ihowser,
I to agree 100%. With Tewk' video's I have been able to jump on some good things with my team and now more great things via video from Howard. Please keep up the great work guys, there are people out here that really appreciate it.

Mike

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
If I may, anyone such as Tewks or Howard, and regardless of whether you agree with everything they post, does represent a huge commitment in time as well as leaves them open to criticism. I respect very much their efforts. Thank both of you! Straightleg, I give both you and Casey a lot of credit as well. I'm sure some might remember when my dd was 12, we posted a lot of video of her. It didn't go well but we tried again at 14. That brought claims that she was then being stalked by a member of another camp. To me both of you demonstrate a committment to the game itself in putting yourselves out there. Please accept my thanks as well.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
If I may, anyone such as Tewks or Howard, and regardless of whether you agree with everything they post, does represent a huge commitment in time as well as leaves them open to criticism. I respect very much their efforts. Thank both of you! Straightleg, I give both you and Casey a lot of credit as well. I'm sure some might remember when my dd was 12, we posted a lot of video of her. It didn't go well but we tried again at 14. That brought claims that she was then being stalked by a member of another camp. To me both of you demonstrate a committment to the game itself in putting yourselves out there. Please accept my thanks as well.

Cannonball

Plus all the others all we are trying to do is show some people what we do and why we do it.

A lot of the ways we show our girls connects with them and they get it! That is what it is supposed to be about!

The girls do learn differently and are wired differently and to be successful with them you have to learn to adapt. Most male coaches who have never worked with females do not understand what we are saying and that is an understatement!

At an NFCA convention in 2004, a lady presented her thoughts on the subject and ask that no one raise their hand when she asked this question; how many of you have been married more than once or are currently divorced? You could have heard a pin drop and there were about 1,300 coaches there and mainly men!

She went on to say how it is very important to communicate especially to women how and why to do something and not just tell them how to do it.

She gave an example of Joe comes home from work and asks what is for supper honey? Spaghetti! How did your day go? Pretty good! Joes wife is pregnant! Supper has just stopped and the wife comes out of the kitchen and asks is this her first baby, how far along is she, do twins run in the family, do they know if it a boy or a girl yet?

I have learned over 37 years of marriage what questions to answer and ask if I want to have supper! For example how did your day go? How long will it be before we eat?

I need to go to the bathroom and will be right back! At supper AFTER the food is on the table, I would tell her between bites how my day went and about Joe's wife and between bites will give her a play by play account....as I am eating!

At a Easton Happy Hour after that session I heard a lot of coaches talking about, see that coach, he has about a 30% turnover every two years as he always berates the girls. I wonder how many times he has been married? Twice reply's the one coach!

I can hear in the tone of some of the threads (actually read) how some of these people might have a problem communicating with female players verses boys in my opinion and making their case for what they see as good,better and best techniques.

So if it helped you by doing what we did we are happy!

Thanks Howard

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
tewks has also pioneered interactive realtime swing practice via the internets (that series of tubes thinggy).
people might want to get the info on how to participate/do that.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
tewks has also pioneered interactive realtime swing practice via the internets (that series of tubes thinggy).
people might want to get the info on how to participate/do that.

The next Sunday Night Live, I will post the link on here. I haven't before because it has been baseball only.

Oct 28, 2009
Still waiting Crank!!! (I'm stearing clear of a lot of forum talk right now... Why is everybody so worked up???)

WORKED UP!!!!!! I'M NOT WORKED UP! WHAT THE HELL YA TALKIN ABOUT?

Oh, sorry. Too much caffeine.
Tewks, don't slow down. I'm still trying to learn your style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand