How will the new Executive Order change softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2008
Having never gone to college, I still have 4 years of eligibility available. I'm going to sell my pitching services to the school who's boosters provide the extra$ and entice me.

While I identify as a 20 year old female, my body feels like a 48 year old man with a bad back.

Anyway, I'll see you all from OKC when I'm pitching in June at the WCWS.

Jun 8, 2016
Having never gone to college, I still have 4 years of eligibility available. I'm going to sell my pitching services to the school who's boosters provide the extra$ and entice me.

While I identify as a 20 year old female, my body feels like a 48 year old man with a bad back.

You still have to get in..as far as I know William Singer is out of business.

Oct 4, 2018
It is probably because these two students, one in particular, Terry Miller, who took 19 State Titles and set new State records. The girls who filed the lawsuit feel they were denied the titles, which led to the denial of scholarship opportunities.

The world record for the 200 in track is by Usain Bolt at 19.19
The female world record for the 200 in track is by Florence Griffith-Joyner at 21.34
That is a 2.15 minute difference. In this sport, that is a huge difference.

I believe this is going to become a larger issue in the coming years. And it is not the athletes faults.

Uhh... ;)

Apr 28, 2014
For all the media attention, it's really not a big issue in practice. Each year over 100,000 high school student-athletes participate in interscholastic athletics in Connecticut. And in the several years of CT having this policy, we're talking a grand total of 2 students (both in track and field).
It's okay for them to steal records i guess cause your kid wasn't impacted?

Jun 19, 2016
It doesn't seem cool to me. First time your DD is facing a 6'4" 250# batter that goes by Tracy in the box you will not like it.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

You stole my thunder. Think about it. Why can people identify as a different age too? I mean science has left the building. Why cant I identify as a 4 year old cocker spaniel comfort pet and ride on the plane for free because my wife has emotional needs.

Aug 8, 2016
While I have not seen this yet at the youth level, I did run into it while on an adult slowpitch coed team a few years ago. She wasn't that strong on defense, and didn't have the greatest swing, but she was so strong that it was the equivalent of having a 6th male in their lineup.

That being said, there was another team in the league that had picked up a former P5 shortstop, and she definitely was a bigger gamechanger. I don't think we ever got her out in the two games we saw her.

Aug 2, 2019

You won't be the first. Good luck. Go live your best life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi