How to pitch on a moment's notice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
So, I'd walk back to the dugout, wait until everyone is set, batter in the box, etc. Then call time out again and do it again until the ump came back to the circle where I'd be forced to make the change due to my 2nd visit.
I may have read it wrong, thought you meant you had some extra visiting time on the second trip. IIRC, the proper mechanic in NCAA is to intercept the HC on the way out and get the sub then, since the change has to be made regardless. In other words, you wouldn't get the extra time of the second trip.

Aug 21, 2008
I may have read it wrong, thought you meant you had some extra visiting time on the second trip. IIRC, the proper mechanic in NCAA is to intercept the HC on the way out and get the sub then, since the change has to be made regardless. In other words, you wouldn't get the extra time of the second trip.
technically that's true. Although, I would... I mean I know coaches who would try to exploit the 2nd visit as long as they possibly could to give the bullpen extra time. Yes, usually the HP umpire would meet me, I mean that coach 1/2 way to pitchers circle with their line up card out to make the change. Sometimes an extra 30 seconds can be obtained by avoiding the ump. LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00