How to pitch a...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Fascinating, it has renewed my interest in SSW breaking pitches with a softball. But as I have said before both spin axis and seam orientation have to be perfect, if either is off you get nothing. What surprises me is that a softball can move that much with this method.

May 13, 2023
This is a FASTPITCH softball forum, not slow pitch.
🤔 was that silly sarcasm?😁

Haaa it's not a baseball forum either but people bring up that comparison 🤷‍♀️

Either way, Learning is always good. Sometimes discussions and video brings that out!

Like the detail that pitcher created in the video. Black stripe exhibiting Spin and Axis!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
I literally got a few minutes into this before I realized it was slow pitch. LOL. At the very first, I was trying to figure out who this guy is.

When I saw all his other pitches at the bottom of the screen, I immediately rolled my eyes. lol. Slider? Knuckleball? Screwball? While I know there are a lot of people who teach young girls that these pitches exist and are part of their 9 pitch arsenal so at first I didn't realize this was slow pitch.

Once I realized it was slow pitch, my first thought was: the only thing more ridiculous than a fastpitch pitcher thinking they can throw these pitches is a slow pitch pitcher trying to do the same. I mean, really? Movement pitches in slowpitch?

I remember showing up to a game one night, on another field at the complex was a men's slow pitch game. I remember this vividly because I can remember how hard I laughed out loud... it was the last inning or so, the offense had a runner or 2 on base. The pitcher, again this was a slow pitch game, was very animated and really wanting to win this game. In the process of trying to pump up his infield and team to get the final out, he said out loud: "I need to bear down and get this guy!!!!" I laughed so hard at that my legs got wobbly. How does someone bear down in slow pitch pitching? I don't remember the outcome, I was too far gone in hysterics.

Nice find RAD.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I literally got a few minutes into this before I realized it was slow pitch. LOL. At the very first, I was trying to figure out who this guy is.

When I saw all his other pitches at the bottom of the screen, I immediately rolled my eyes. lol. Slider? Knuckleball? Screwball? While I know there are a lot of people who teach young girls that these pitches exist and are part of their 9 pitch arsenal so at first I didn't realize this was slow pitch.

Once I realized it was slow pitch, my first thought was: the only thing more ridiculous than a fastpitch pitcher thinking they can throw these pitches is a slow pitch pitcher trying to do the same. I mean, really? Movement pitches in slowpitch?

I remember showing up to a game one night, on another field at the complex was a men's slow pitch game. I remember this vividly because I can remember how hard I laughed out loud... it was the last inning or so, the offense had a runner or 2 on base. The pitcher, again this was a slow pitch game, was very animated and really wanting to win this game. In the process of trying to pump up his infield and team to get the final out, he said out loud: "I need to bear down and get this guy!!!!" I laughed so hard at that my legs got wobbly. How does someone bear down in slow pitch pitching? I don't remember the outcome, I was too far gone in hysterics.

Nice find RAD.
Have you ever tried any split grip pitches in fastpitch? Seriously wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45