How to make practice more fun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I don't think you have a practice problem. I think you have a competition level problem. She is bored because she is striking out 24 out of 30 batters, so what's the point of practicing? How much better can you get than that?

I'll bet if you raise the level of competition so she's striking out 10 out of 30 batters, or 6 out of 30, she'll be a lot more interested in practicing. She will have an incentive to improve.

Apr 20, 2015
I agree with Ken....I think she'll have a lot more motivation playing against better teams.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2016
I don't think you have a practice problem. I think you have a competition level problem. She is bored because she is striking out 24 out of 30 batters, so what's the point of practicing? How much better can you get than that?

I'll bet if you raise the level of competition so she's striking out 10 out of 30 batters, or 6 out of 30, she'll be a lot more interested in practicing. She will have an incentive to improve.

I agree with this but her team is a mixed bag of ages and they plan to move up to 12U together in January. She loves the coaches and loves the girls on the team so I would never think to move her at this point (Like I said this is her second travel season) so for now I just need her continue to work and improve with the knowledge that 12U is a different animal and she can't rest on her laurels until then. I think some of the ideas on here will help!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma