How to make NCAA CWS more interesting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 6, 2019
My dd hit home runs over a 200 ft. HS fence in 12U. She was not alone.

The majority of HS fields in my area are 200 down the line and 200 to 210 in CF. IMO, a college field should be 210 down the lines and 225 to CF.
It's ridiculous that the state tournament has such deep fences. Probably 95% of the high schools are 200 all the way around. Then it goes to 225-235 for the final four?

Nov 18, 2015
I don’t think we would have seen either of those two great over-the-fence catches a few years ago.

I remember when I started watching the WCWS, and seeing how flimsy that OF fence looked - basically chain link with some bubble wrap along the top.

It’s now much more of an OF “wall” vs a “fence”.

To go back on topic - maybe raise the wall height in the corners? Or incorporate slow pitch rules - OU batters start with a 1-1 count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2017
I think all the "anti HR" people are trying to fix something that isn't much of a problem. The #9 D1 team in HR's per game last season (UNC Charlotte) would average 4 HR's in a 3 game series. That doesn't seem like something to worry about.

Jun 8, 2016
I think all the "anti HR" people are trying to fix something that isn't much of a problem. The #9 D1 team in HR's per game last season (UNC Charlotte) would average 4 HR's in a 3 game series. That doesn't seem like something to worry about.
Cough pitcher ‘s dads Cough

😉

May 29, 2015
Better stadium management, it's attrocious when you go... It's not organized very well on site and chaos line wise and flow management. Don't get me started on the weather delays and the ***

they pull when that takes place.

Actually do a Pre day world series fan fest the day before...stop sticking 12,000 fans in a small area with slow movements only two hours before first pitch. It all feels rushed and forced.

Send them to learn from Ole Miss. 😁

Seriously ... I went to two major events while I was there (NCAA Baseball Regional and graduation) and I was dreading going to both. I have to say they know how to run events. Plenty of designated parking with constant shuttle services running, fantastic people flow controls, etc. I will say, I was SHOCKED at how fast and easy it was to get in and out.

Feb 15, 2017
Send them to learn from Ole Miss.

Seriously ... I went to two major events while I was there (NCAA Baseball Regional and graduation) and I was dreading going to both. I have to say they know how to run events. Plenty of designated parking with constant shuttle services running, fantastic people flow controls, etc. I will say, I was SHOCKED at how fast and easy it was to get in and out.
Joey Freshwater knows a thing or two..

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad