How to drive your hip?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Quote Originally Posted by knightsb View Post
How does a lateral tilt cause the rear hip/leg to project forward?

That action is what RDB meant to describe with the 'gears' analogy.

Gears.gif

I liked my top a little better, but yeah, that's fine too.

lrpuh.gif

Knight - While hip is coiled: Combination rear side compression, heel lift, and arch. All while ground force and lower leg torque are in effect.

1kj7B52.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I liked my top a little better, but yeah, that's fine too.

lrpuh.gif

Knight - While hip is coiled: Combination rear side compression, heel lift, and arch. All while ground force and lower leg torque are in effect.

1kj7B52.gif

I like my top better....
SpinTopGood.gif

Smooth top:eek:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Okay, I'm having a blonde moment here ..... so let me ask what is likely obvious.

I get the notion of the 'top' having a vertical shaft, that when primed causes a resulting orthogonal movement ..... but what is this 'top' meant to suggest?

For the record no tops for me but, a 'spring':
PujolsAxisSpring.gif

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Got it RDB. I do feel the action of the 'spring'.

As for the 'gears' ... someone didn't seem to catch on ... so let's include a 'red' and 'yellow' arrow to help with a description.

The 'yellow' is the compression/contraction/scrunch felt along the backside .... the 'red' would be the hips.

21cawkh.gif

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Got it RDB. I do feel the action of the 'spring'.

As for the 'gears' ... someone didn't seem to catch on ... so let's include a 'red' and 'yellow' arrow to help with a description.

The 'yellow' is the compression/contraction/scrunch felt along the backside .... the 'red' would be the hips.

21cawkh.gif

Yes, thanks for the arrows; I hadn't seen those gears posted before... Was that your idea?

For the record no tops for me but, a 'spring':
PujolsAxisSpring.gif

Of course you prefer the spring.. today... until Howe comes in and tells you to pipe down because you shouldn't promote HI with Rich's images.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing View Post
It's been discussed for a while now under different names .... for example, the spine engine.

Yep...

Scrunch....SCIP.....Working under.....

After all, "who are Coachbob and Mann? this must be a rehash of Gracovetsky inspired golf stuff." Well yeah...some of it is. Yet, I have not read about arched lower back, GFR, or fibia/tibia torque much around these parts. Aside from RHC and a few others here, nobody wants their posts to sound like TM, so they ignore obvious and beneficial information.

Like I said a few pages back...

Shhh, it's a secret. lol.... Not many would use it around here anyway; it's an ego thing, you know.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Yes, thanks for the arrows; I hadn't seen those gears posted before... Was that your idea?

Of course you prefer the spring.. today... until Howe comes in and tells you to pipe down because you shouldn't promote HI with Rich's images.

After all, "who are Coachbob and Mann? this must be a rehash of Gracovetsky inspired golf stuff." Well yeah...some of it is. Yet, I have not read about arched lower back, GFR, or fibia/tibia torque much around these parts. Aside from RHC and a few others here, nobody wants their posts to sound like TM, so they ignore obvious and beneficial information.

Like I said a few pages back...

If there is any rehashing on my part, It is a total coincidence. I have had to feel my way through this whole thing, and happened to "come to the same conclusion? as others from trying so many different things that are mentioned.
I am not a fan of TMs, and I have no idea the way he approaches teaching others.
I was put in the right direction by many others that post here and BBD. You know who you are.

Now I must go tackle a 6th grader with bat drag, with long floppy arms and long floppy legs, that cannot do a sit up, a squat or a pull up.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
If there is any rehashing on my part, It is a total coincidence. I have had to feel my way through this whole thing, and happened to "come to the same conclusion? as others from trying so many different things that are mentioned.

Yeah, i was giving you credit for that.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1