How old of a "new" bat is it okay to purchase?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
We've bought both, new and used. Just picked up a like new cf8. DD hit with it today, good bat, good pop. Hopefully it will last through a summer of practice. Doesn't have to be a $300 dollar bat to serve a purpose. Lots of good used bats around, and you can find good deals on last year's bats.

Jan 23, 2017
Georgia
I have a 32" CF6 -10 for sale that DD only used for bit...to my dismay. $100 PM if interested.

Thanks, Orange Socks. I would love to take you up on that offer, but it is a bit too big for my DD. If she were a bit older, I'd take you up on that offer. I am looking for a 29" or 30", 18 or 19oz.

If anybody else has a CF (or another nice bat!) for sale, I'm looking! :)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Thanks, Orange Socks. I would love to take you up on that offer, but it is a bit too big for my DD. If she were a bit older, I'd take you up on that offer. I am looking for a 29" or 30", 18 or 19oz.

If anybody else has a CF (or another nice bat!) for sale, I'm looking! :)

I decided to threadjack this topic for my own personal gain. Lol!!!

Apr 12, 2016
Minnesota
I have a 9 year old daughter I'm wanting to purchase a newer bat for. Last year she started using a teammate's 2012 Demarini Bustos (30/17) and was getting a LOT more pop than she was using her cheaper, newer alloy bat. That teammate is moving up and so we will need to get a replacement for her. I found a 2016 Anderson Rocketech (at Goodwill, of all places), but she doesn't seem to be getting much pop from it. I was wanting to step up a little since she seemed to have no problem swinging the Bustos, and was thinking of something not too expensive, as I might put down some dough for a CF-XX in a year or two. I was thinking of something like a Demarini Vendetta, but wanted some opinions on a new, discontinued bat that might be a few years old. I have seen some bats such as a Worth Sick 454, Mizuno Nighthawk, and Easton Stealth Flex, but wanted some opinions on if those might be a better option than a new Vendetta.

Thanks!

Find the kid(s) on your DD's team whose dad or mom buys her a new bat every year regardless of whether or not she needs one and buy one of her old ones. I have bought 2 Demarinis and two XENOs in the last two years for $100 or less each gently used. Craigslist can be good as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad