How often should you clean gloves!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
My daughter has a grey Liberty advanced. It always looks so dirty- but I feel the more she cleans it the dirtier it’s getting. Is she cleaning it too much?

What should she clean it with and how frequently when it’s caked with dirt?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I’m not familiar with this concept. Unless you mean slapping the glove against your thigh to knock the dust off. In that case only as needed.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I clean them every six months with Ball Player's Balm. That's a thorough cleaning and conditioning that involves a horsehair brush and a lot of scrubbing. I will wipe down their gloves more often during the season, but the deep cleaning normally requires a few days to dry out.

As for gray and white gloves, they will never be the original color once they get dirty. It doesn't matter how often you scrub them. The dirt gets in the pores and changes the color.

May 20, 2015
I clean them every six months with Ball Player's Balm. That's a thorough cleaning and conditioning that involves a horsehair brush and a lot of scrubbing. I will wipe down their gloves more often during the season, but the deep cleaning normally requires a few days to dry out.

As for gray and white gloves, they will never be the original color once they get dirty. It doesn't matter how often you scrub them. The dirt gets in the pores and changes the color.

this, to a T

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Teach your kid to do it. They should also know how to put air in their tires (bicycle, dirt bikes, car, etc.), blowing the dirt and crap out of the finger stalls, webbing, etc. can go a long way...might not preserve the shiny look some of you want but oh well.

Oct 4, 2018
I do it once per year at Christmas time. With Ball Players Balm, then drying, then conditioner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00