How Many Weeks does DD take off (from Pitching) in the Off-Season?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

How Many Weeks does DD Rest her Arm in the Off-Season?

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 1 4.3%

Votes: 8 34.8%

Votes: 3 13.0%

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • More than 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Off season?

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I don't really know

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
May 1, 2018
After Thanksgiving, I shut my pitchers down (if there parents do is another story) and we do "winter workout" strength training, Cardio, ect during the winter. So none of my girls are throwing or batting a lot. Mid Jan we go back to softball specific workouts.

May 27, 2013
Dd took 4 weeks off after fall season ended. Then she and I just worked on spins from 1/2 distance for 2 more weeks, then she resumed weekly lessons. She has been going to strength and agility training since. This off-season I added in a massage therapist who does orthopedic and myofascial release massage. Dd states that her shoulder feels extremely relaxed and loose now - has really made a big difference in off-season recovery!

Nov 18, 2013
It was all over the board for DD. Several months off while was younger and about 6 weeks off during college. The year prior to verballing she couldn’t take a break because there was always a camp coming up.

In hindsight we should have been more selective with the camps and make her take time off. She was so worn down she didn’t make great showings and she missed most of sophomore year of HS with shoulder problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13