How many innings??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
This has always been a tricky topic. For my DD I like about 20-25 innings over a weekend. ( 4-5 games ) That seems to work good for her.

Now the best pitcher in our state was rode hard. From 10u to 16u pitching 6-7-8-9 games a weekend. I always told the coach that was too many. He always replied " don't worry, she has a rubberband arm". Well now she stays hurt......... elbow, shoulder, knees. I will always wonder if was the excessive pitching all those years. She is very very athletic, 5'11 and 140, with no body fat.

Jul 21, 2008
I use to be one of those that says the windmill motion is a natural motion and it does not hurt the pitchers arm like in baseball. I have now changed my view on this topic. Take a look at the picture of my daughter pitching and notice the arm and shoulder mucles, she is 12 yrs old and I didn't know she even had those muscles. If everytime she throws a pitch she uses those muscles in that way it has to be putting stress on the arms and shoulder joints.

Moderator Ken posted a picture a while back that shows this better than the picture I posted, maybe he could post again. I believe it was his daughter that he posted.

Attachments

• amanda's arm.jpg
    amanda's arm.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 20

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12