How fast does a first year 10U pitcher throw?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks for all the replys my DD will have her second lesson with Bill Hillhouse this Saturday. She has learned alot already and really enjoys Bill and how he teachs.
If she is going to Bill, then she is all ready going to be ahead of her peers. Thats if she is doing her homework that Bill gives out to every pitcher. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about speed right now, it is all about her mechanics. Also if you are asking about speed all ready, you are on the road to one of those crazy pitcher dads. The ones that add 5mph to the pitch and has the dd that throws 6 pitches and is only 10yo.

Nov 27, 2012
My dd started learning to pitch 1 year ago. She started pitching in games 7 months ago. She has great accuracy and pitches 42-44 mph. She has a flip change up and push out change up. She is hitting corners pretty well. She is starting on the drop ball. The pitchers will only be as good as good as their determination is. It's the hours spend practicing.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Clean mechanics are by FAR the most important!
At 10u... I'd say the average is mid 30's, and on average will increase by 7mph +/- each year. Use the winter to build muscle memory with DAILY drills and a strong focus on mechanics. Keep in mind that the leg drive and loose elbow are key.
My DD just turned 14 and has been pitching for just over 2 years now, and she is only averaging a 54 mph fastball. In my opinion... there needs to be more focus on placement and mixing up speeds rather than just trying to throw smoke.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
This guy obviously doesn't know who Hillhouse is!!!
Holy crap dude! If hour dd is training with him...she's golden. You don't need us. Just listen to him and filter out everything else. She'll be a stud before you know it!

Jun 13, 2012
My DD has just turned 11, she is small for her age and on the slow side, 38-42 but very accurate. I am using this winter to fine tune and fix some issues. She went to Bill Hillhouse for the first time this weekend here in Arkansas . He did a great job with her and gave us some homework that my dd will do EVERYDAY!!!!! Bill is VERY personable and is great at setting the kids at ease, he got a kick out of my DD saying "yes sir" everytime he said something to her. (Isn't that the way it's suppose to be?)
REALLY HOPE HE CONTINUES TO COME TO ARK!!!! If you get a chance to go to him, DO IT!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan