How do you make a softball parent happy?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
Yea, till the ump makes a bad call. Bad ump plus booze at a kids game will deteriorate quickly. Seen it first hand. Having the cops haul away someone's dad at a game is not pretty! Especially if he's a big man and doesn't want to go.

Were you at my home fields two years ago? Had to get a restraining order against the dad to keep him from coming to the fields.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I've noticed that winning goes a long way toward keeping parents happy (or at least quiet). Of course, when the same coach starts to lose, look out!

Mar 15, 2010
I've noticed that winning goes a long way toward keeping parents happy (or at least quiet). Of course, when the same coach starts to lose, look out!

About 4 years ago my 2nd year 10U team went 14 - 1. After the season was over I learned that 4 parents on the team had field do not draft requests against me. Why? Their precious DDs did not get enough "action" when DD was on the mound. As I said earlier it doesn't matter if you win or lose there are some softball parents that are never happy.

Jan 6, 2009
Texas
About 4 years ago my 2nd year 10U team went 14 - 1. After the season was over I learned that 4 parents on the team had field do not draft requests against me. Why? Their precious DDs did not get enough "action" when DD was on the mound. As I said earlier it doesn't matter if you win or lose there are some softball parents that are never happy.

SCD, same here - in league we went 12-0 had several do not draft requests - and I honored the requests for the next 9 years, in 3 different sports, and just trying to please, I carried it over to travel. The bottom line is to do what you think is right and is justifiable - and like the message back up the line, offer to discuss it with the parents at anytime, but they need to bring the uniform and equipment to the meeting, I didnt think of that one, that is great.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I had never heard of "Do not draft requests." I guess there were some, since I was a female coaching baseball, but they must not have told me. They probably thought I would cry.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I had a 12U 'do not draft request' that I gladly honored. This kid was there for socialization.
She cried/pouted nearly every practice. During the rec season in 2009, she got a hit in
the 2nd game of the year and went 16 consecutive games and never swung the bat again.
She got on base once or twice the entire year. Worse yet, when going to the on deck circle,
she mumbled, here comes another out. We (coaches) spent as much time with her as we did with
the other 11 girls combined. Worse yet, she got hit on top of the head during OF drills by a batted ball
and blamed it on the coach after it glanced off her glove

Her rec coach this year asked me what her problem is.......she is the same player now as 2 years ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi