How do you get a coach to open the email?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
I have a DD that is going to be a sophomore at a JUCO. She is starting the recruiting process again this summer. We redid her skills video and now it's time to start sending out the emails. She is concentrating mainly on D2's and a couple D3's. The big question is how do you title your email to get the coach to even open the dang thing?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
''Notice of NCAA violation'' might do it. :)

Good question. I don't know. DD used the old standard ''2017 shortstop - Beverly Bandits'' (not her real team or position, but you get the idea)

I do think that the name of your team might help, if they recognize it or know the coach. Aside from that, I don't know.

If you have something they would consider newsworthy, like ''I saw your game on Saturday!'' you could try that. I do know that coaches are more interested in players who actually show enough interest to come watch their games or come to their camps than the random '''2017 shortstop - Beverly Bandits''. Or if it's a high academic school, you might say ''2018 shortstop, scored 29 on ACT'' So that might be one idea.

Nov 18, 2013
First off the email needs to come from her. Include grad year, position and an attribute or highlight that makes her stand out. For example: 2016 6’ RHP Pitcher: 2016 All-State 1B, 15 HR’s. If that doesn’t work, email, send a hand written letter, attend a camp, schedule a tour with the admissions office and ask to meet the softball coach, have her Travel and HS coaches contact them or just show up on campus and drop off a DVD. Showing up unannounced might turn them off, but if nothing else worked what have you got to lose?

Oct 10, 2011
Honestly what worked best for DD was putting..."Question regarding clinics from "Name" (or however you want to word it)
Then she'd introduce herself, ask a question on if and when they were having clinics, and attach her skills video for them to view if they had the time...
Worked better than anything!
Also send to the AC's... a lot of time they are the only one's to open the emails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12