How do you explain when...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
This conversation just made me think about the difference of watching boxing. The featherweight to the heavyweights is like watching different strategies. Definitely different speed elements
Vs. Heavy Hitters.
Yeah, but with regards to what I am talking about there are weight classes for a reason. While the lightweight classes might be more appealing to watch, a lightweight champion typically would stand no chance against a heavyweight..😉

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Yeah, but with regards to what I am talking about there are weight classes for a reason. While the lightweight classes might be more appealing to watch, a lightweight champion typically would stand no chance against a heavyweight..😉
Yep, if the heavy weights could make contact with the light weights.

Here's some Friday morning entertainment

Jun 8, 2016
Every batter starts with 1-1 count and a foul ball with 2 strikes is an out. Let's move the game along.
The pitch clock will help. Also make the batters stay in the box. Eckersley use to crack me when Christian Vázquez was hitting.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022
For all the complaints about the approach of today’s players, while BA is down, runs per game over the last 5 years or so is pretty similar to what it was in the 80’s 🤷🏽‍♂️. The change was more about the brand of baseball being played, and the fact that traditionalists don’t like it, then because it was hindering teams’ ability to score runs.
I agree. Other things have also changed to increase runs.
Less sacrificing, more efficient base stealing, focus on ob% vs batting average, smaller ballparks.
In actuality the approach needs to be dynamic not static. One approach is not always the best as defenses and pitchers adjust to strategy of the hitter. I am not a traditionalist, but would rather see the hitters adjust than the rules change.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Yep, if the heavy weights could make contact with the light weights.

Here's some Friday morning entertainment

Wow! Lots of good pitching drills in there to improve internal rotation, external rotation, roundhouse rotation, leg drive, leaping, crow-hopping, hello elbow/hello fist, and hitting drills to increase coiling, stride, solid contact and elevation going on in that video.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I agree. Other things have also changed to increase runs.
Less sacrificing, more efficient base stealing, focus on ob% vs batting average, smaller ballparks.
In actuality the approach needs to be dynamic not static. One approach is not always the best as defenses and pitchers adjust to strategy of the hitter. I am not a traditionalist, but would rather see the hitters adjust than the rules change.
Myself not being a baseball follower Interesting to read smaller ballparks. How much smaller would that be?
Outfield fence comparison please
Would land space be a legitimate reason why they would make them smaller? Or purposeful for more big hits 🤷‍♀️

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06