How do schools get recruits' addresses?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
I have a seen a pretty decent surge of recruits on Twitter receiving mail from various schools. It might be a dumb question, but how are they getting these addresses? I try to guard my address pretty closely. Is it something they are getting from the NCAA Clearinghouse (which I have not done yet)?

Jun 27, 2021
I have a seen a pretty decent surge of recruits on Twitter receiving mail from various schools. It might be a dumb question, but how are they getting these addresses? I try to guard my address pretty closely. Is it something they are getting from the NCAA Clearinghouse (which I have not done yet)?
Camps
Playing for a big brand who has D1 kids being followed
Recruiting page such as SportsRecruits
Travel Recruiting liaison
Emails
Recruiting tear sheet at showcases

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

If they have taken the SAT or ACT it is EXTREMELY LIKLEY they are getting it through those orgs. It is a great way for colleges to build their mailing lists.
There are checkboxes to 'share your scores with colleges' someplace on the exam, registration and scores pages - and some other places... click that and boom - you gave permission to share...

College Board in particular knows how to pick up every available dollar out there. Because then you also get to pay to share your detailed scores with particular schools...

Mar 8, 2016
Most all showcases will have the coach fill out an information roster sheet. These are given to the coaches that attend. DDs email was littered with emails every year after Scenic City. Many were from schools that dd had never heard of before or shown any interest in. Some were from coaches that had obviously watched her play but there were a bunch that where from schools just looking for girls to pay to go to camp. Once you get on the list you are going to keep getting emails.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If they have taken the SAT or ACT it is EXTREMELY LIKLEY they are getting it through those orgs. It is a great way for colleges to build their mailing lists.
There are checkboxes to 'share your scores with colleges' someplace on the exam, registration and scores pages - and some other places... click that and boom - you gave permission to share...

College Board in particular knows how to pick up every available dollar out there. Because then you also get to pay to share your detailed scores with particular schools...
And College Board charges a $9 application fee plus $16 per school for the CSS Profile, a financial aid application required by about 350 schools.

Jun 8, 2016
Most all showcases will have the coach fill out an information roster sheet. These are given to the coaches that attend. DDs email was littered with emails every year after Scenic City. Many were from schools that dd had never heard of before or shown any interest in. Some were from coaches that had obviously watched her play but there were a bunch that where from schools just looking for girls to pay to go to camp. Once you get on the list you are going to keep getting emails.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I think he was talking about old-fashioned snail mail. I have seen some of those posted on Twitter as well.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That's what I meant about travel recruiting liaison.... that's what ours was called at least.
We have a recruiting coordinator who travels with us to every event. He's an assistant coach whose job it is to schmooze with every coach who comes along. He carries a binder with every player's profile and information everywhere he goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut