How come...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We never get a post saying:

"My DD was awful over the weekend. She went 0-12 at the plate, gave up 3 gopher balls in the one inning she pitched, and did an impersonation of an open door at SS."

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2010
Sluggers,

You have been around softball long enough to know how the parent logic goes. DD goes 3 - 3 with 4 RBI you brag. DD goes 0 - 3, 2 errors you blame the idiot coach. Simple.

Aug 5, 2009
Bordentown, NJ
Fine, I'll bite...

My daughter played in her first travel tournament as a guest about amonth ago ( team was short players..she played RF and batted 9th)
She had 1 hit, 2 walks, and about 6 or 7 strikeouts.. Nobody hit a ball anywhere near her

District All-Stars last year, she played as a sub. 3 games, 5 at-bats. 4 strikeouts, 1 ground ball to 2nd

Tonight she'll be playing as a fill-in player for a 12u team that is short players ( she's 10 yrs old). Pretty much expecting similar results.

Not all of us have superstar DD's. I'm actually glad she's "average".. Saves me from all the drama (well, most of it)

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Last 12U , first year of travel, up only 18 times the entire 12 tournament season (60 games ish)
Struck out 12 times, walked 3, and a couple of infield grounders, one hit.
Sat the bench except for her two pitching games each weekend .. she did pitch fine for all but one of her games (the first one was awful).
Slowest runner you ever saw.

Over the winter she played indoor, practiced on the T, practiced pitching ... also grew 3 inches and lost 9 pounds

This year .... no idea what happened ... she is hitting ... mostly singles, line shots up middle over SS or 2nd ... one homerun.
She is running much faster (still not super fast), more confident ... just turned 14 ... a little bit of a late bloomer.

Changed her motion and she is leap/drag .. obsessing about possible crow hopping (glad she is working to not do it ...but she isn't really doing it)... pitching 5mph faster thn last year ... but sometimes a little high ... it will come (so many body changes at the same time as changing her motion).

She is not likely destined for a D1 school .... but she is straight A's elevated coursework, minimal attitude and works hard ..
D3 might be in her future.
She just loves the sport ...

Jun 1, 2009
I am pretty sure that everyone's DD, has had those types of games. When they start coming around and we as parents see their hard work is paying off, it makes us very proud.
My DD has been busting her tail since last Oct, taking hitting lessons. She played slow pitch up until 2 years ago. She has the defensive part down, but now she is starting to see the result of all of her hard work, in regards to her hitting.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I think it is because a great majority of us on the boards, work with our DDs, so that they never have a game like you describe.

May 14, 2010
DD is a HS junior. Started varsity all 3 years, but this is first year since 12U she has been asked to play SS. Last week she had a game with 4 errors and 0-3. Dad didn't even know where to go with that so he just shut up. First for that!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LINBAN01