How a 13yr old thinks ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Nothing quite so strange and wonderful as a 13 yo girl's brain.

my DD 3 is 13, turns 14 in a few weeks. Sometimes she can be a little kid, other times a frustrated teenager, and sometimes she really amazes me when we talk about something by how thoughtful and adult she can be about teenager type stuff.

Recently she went with me on a trip from Madison to Milwaukee to drop off DS at his college. On the way back, we passed by Miller Park, where she had recently seen a One Direction concert, so she told met all about the concert. The strange thing is, she has fairly sophisticated tastes in music, and went with a friend who has even more sophisticated tastes. I thought of One Direction as being just a boy band that appealed to young teenage girls. She came up with a very adult analysis of why she like the band, and included a several real kill shots. First, she pointed out that bands which attract a mostly female audience are generally not taken seriously by critics. Then, she pointed out that One Direction attracted the same fan base the Beatles attracted 50 years ago. Finally, she mentioned that she doesn't really like their hit songs, but their more obscure stuff is much better. I was amazed at how well she defended her taste in music after going to see a boy band. A really interesting look into the teenage brain.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Congrats on the HR! It's amazing how they think sometimes. I could go into a fairly long story about my 16YO but won't. Let's just say that she had a rough week hitting but it's all fixed now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA