Home Practice set up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2013
South Central Pa
Curious to hear or see whats in you home training areas. I have a 38X56 garage. I want to have a pitching lane and hitting area. My daughter is currently pitching to a pitchers-mate at her pitching lessons so I thought I'd use one of those. What mats or flooring are you guys using? For hitting are you using swingaway or some other type of device as well as T work. Any comment and photos appreciated.

PS - where I can make it myself or buy used I usually go that route :)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Curious to hear or see whats in you home training areas. I have a 38X56 garage. I want to have a pitching lane and hitting area. My daughter is currently pitching to a pitchers-mate at her pitching lessons so I thought I'd use one of those. What mats or flooring are you guys using? For hitting are you using swingaway or some other type of device as well as T work. Any comment and photos appreciated.

PS - where I can make it myself or buy used I usually go that route :)

I have garage envy. My garage hitting space is limited to about 10' x 10', which allows for hitting off a tee into a net.

I don't know how your garage space is set up, but a 50+' long x 10-12' wide x 10-12' high net tunnel would be pretty awesome. IMO, a mat for pitching, and a mat for hitting are the more important areas for the floor. How elaborate you go would depend on budget.

Sep 29, 2013
South Central Pa
Has anyone installed a pitching / batting area in a space that has overhead doors? My area is spread across 3 doors. 2 10' and 1 12' wide. The ceiling is 12'. I was wondering how you hung the netting and over came the doors.

Dec 11, 2010
I used coated cable from a farm store and stretched it as tight as I could to hang the net from. You could do that under the door track.

You may need to have hangers to support it in the middle, I used screw in hooks to keep the cable from sagging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole