Hitting question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2013
I was just wondering, and I dont have any video right now but my 11 year old daughter keeps pounding the ball in front of the plate. Does anybody have any ideas I can look at to find out why. Its like she hits the top portion of the ball instead of the middle. thanks

Jul 10, 2008
Central PA
Video would be best, but without it, it's probably one (or a combination) of three things:

1. Level shoulders
2. Early wrist roll over
3. Short front arm pulling around the ball (lack of front arm extension after contact)

All of these lead to balls beat into the ground in front of home plate.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Video would be best, but without it, it's probably one (or a combination) of three things:

1. Level shoulders
2. Early wrist roll over
3. Short front arm pulling around the ball (lack of front arm extension after contact)

All of these lead to balls beat into the ground in front of home plate.

First thought in my head was #2. (Ok that sounds bad.)

Does the end of her bat point away from her as her arms are extending? Or does then end make a sharp turn up? Does she get some extension?
2-upton-6-20_medium.gif

May 13, 2013
thanks for the responses with no video. I do have the coaches eye app to film her with. I have a new tanner tee order that should be here at the end of the week. so I will get some tee work video up soon. the things I can see look mostly like shes not getting full extension, and rolling wrist over to.early sometimes. im not sure about level shoulders. could someone recommend some drills for helping with early roll over. thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1