hitting fouls!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2010
My 11 year old has been playing about 4 years- always been a pretty good hitter- Lately she hits foul after foul always down 3rd base line which gets her to 2 strikes quick- I know it has to do with timing of her swing but not sure what to do to correct it?? I repositioned her feet but does not seem to help- Any tips to correct this??

May 13, 2008
May not have as much to do with timing as it does with her hand path. When she is done swinging does she finish with the bat above or below her shoulder?

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
My 11 year old has been playing about 4 years- always been a pretty good hitter- Lately she hits foul after foul always down 3rd base line which gets her to 2 strikes quick- I know it has to do with timing of her swing but not sure what to do to correct it?? I repositioned her feet but does not seem to help- Any tips to correct this??

Left or righted handed?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Has she been facing slooooow pitchers? After the 2 strikes, is she then striking out on a change up?

She is way ahead for some reason. Would you please post some video?

Apr 20, 2010
that might be part of it- different pitchers - different speeds but the other girls on team are adjusting to that- Just wondering if there is something I can do to correct?

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
Is she hitting the outside part of the ball and hooking it? The part of the ball furthest from her - around the ball. Try adjusting her vision/focus before tweeking mechanics. Try to hit the middle the the ball or the inside part of the ball (the half closest to the batter). See if she has better bat control.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I would also look and see if she is stepping out and opening the front foot to the pitcher and thus opening the hips. She may be wanting to really jump on the ball and I've seen some kids do this by stepping out and open.

May 13, 2008
I'd like to know the answer to my question above. There is a swing pattern taught to many girls where it is almost impossible for a batter to hit an inside pitch fair. One of the ways to diagnose it is to watch how the batter finishes their swing.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Might have to do with patience. Try doing soft toss drill with the balls being tossed from behind. This will teach her to sit back and wait on the ball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez