Hitting Distance Off of Tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 12, 2009
My smallest is 5' 5" & 158LBS and is 17. She swings a 33 23 -10 Louisville Catalyst (the yellow one) my biggest girl is not tall at 5'8" but is 184LBS (farm girl) She hit with an Easton Stealth Clarity that is 34 23 and -10. Our league use Worth Red Dot Optic yellow 12" balls and are core .47 and 375LBS. These girls average 62 - 66 MPH ball speed of the bat from a tee. We get this by having them do six swings; we then remove the lowest and the highest and then average the remaining four. We do this to see if they are consistent with hitting the sweet spot in different locations. Some kids at the start of the clinics we hold will have a high of 62 but then a 33 and a 46. So we work on consistency as well.

Jan 12, 2009
... I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one NOT trying to go yard. lol. I'm all about the base hits that add up, that knock runners in. If I go yard, so be it. I've hit a couple of home runs (in the park home runs in fields with baseball fencing/no fencing). I'm one of those girls that play small ball, though... so a homerun is a rarity. Line drives in the gaps, well placed bunts, and right handed slash/slap bunting is good enough for me.

That is why this game is so great! is accepts all styles, sizes and body shapes. No one style is best foreveryone you gotta use what works for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan