Hitting critiqu 12u.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2009
I'll really try to emphasize to her not be so upright.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was taught this, as it is fairly common.

However, it's wrong.

She almost tries to pull it instead of going the opposite way.

You do have to try to go the other way with this pitch.

What program do you use to slow down the video? I wanted to do that myself but was having trouble with the program I have. Thanks again for the help.

Alive YouTube converter lets you convert the video from YouTube to a format like QuickTime that you can go through frame by frame.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I like a lot of what I see here. For a 12U player, and especially one that has been working on changing her swing over the winter, this looks very nice.

I agree with Chris on her posture at contact and after. In my opinion she's a little too upright. She starts out tilting in toward the ball. If she just continues that path and stays in through contact it should help. Coming up as you go into contact will tend to take the bat with it, resulting in a lot of ground balls that could be better hits.

The only other thing I'd like to see is a little more weight shift in the beginning. She tends to wind up back at center rather than driving into the ball. But that could also be a function of hitting off the tee. Even the players I've worked with who get good weight shift on a live pitch, front toss or machine pitches tend to hold back a bit on the tee.

Feb 16, 2010
Thanks to everyone for their input. Now we have an idea of what to be working on. Hopefully we'll see some improvement soon. I may post another video after some time and see where we're at then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles