Hit this Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
It reminds me of don slaught using the que your elbow innitiates the swing. The worst que ever because I actually taught it to Brooke for awhile and you wanna talk about bat drag, lol

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
It reminds me of don slaughter using the que your elbow innitiates the swing. The worst question ever because I actually taught it to Brooke for awhile and you wanna talk about bat drag, lol

thats funny, thank you. i get it.

Reminds me of my old que, hands to the ball, Ow, i can still hear the girls scream, as the ball hit her fingers on the bat.

As an edit, to keep up with my stubborn persona.

I use the triangle que, for a starting position. But look down, at the triangle when you move your hands, it turns into a .........///??? DING DING,,, a box. Its (the box )just a pass through position, Middle in. Outside, ya its distorted.
I use the Box drill, for a strong contact possition. and creating a release point, pivot. Like i said, turning the barrel, is new to me, but i use it.

Last edited:
R

RayR

To answer your OP - I set the tee up about arm pit height - inside part of the plate and deep just inside my front foot - just a simple barrel turn.

You guys get too worked up over drills - if it is high pitch my barrel just flattens out sooner because my hands/wrists/forearms are invested early....instead of continuing arcing rearward for a lower pitch

HighInsideDeepTee_zps67a12412.gif

What swing mechanics could hit this ball, line drives over the infielders head???
BattingArea_zps0b40af2e.jpg

SL

Oct 12, 2009
You guys get too worked up over drills - if it is high pitch my barrel just flattens out sooner because my hands/wrists/forearms are invested early....instead of continuing arcing rearward for a lower pitch

When, and why, would you ever want to practice an arm-y, dead lower half swing?

At least you don't dump the barrel.

P.S. Did George Brett or Caitlin Benyi turn the barrel? Heck does Bustos?

Oct 12, 2009
How come we don't see much of players such as Gwynn , Boggs , Molitor as models?

Part of it is that it's hard to find good clips of them.

Of course, it's also due to the fact that they don't do what good hitters (supposedly) do.

They don't fit the model that is being sold.

The same is true of George Brett and Caitlin Benyi.

Jan 24, 2011
Part of it is that it's hard to find good clips of them.

Of course, it's also due to the fact that they don't do what good hitters (supposedly) do.

They don't fit the model that is being sold.

The same is true of George Brett and Caitlin Benyi.

I don't know about fitting the pattern , but if my DD could have the success that those guys had , she would be plenty happy

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
To answer your OP - I set the tee up about arm pit height - inside part of the plate and deep just inside my front foot - just a simple barrel turn.

Thanks Ray for swinging it.
You get your bat flat as soon as you can. I get it.

SL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG