Hit by pitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
USSSA:
A batter shall not intentionally move to get hit by the pitch. PENALTY: The batter remains at bat (pitch is a ball or strike), unless the pitch was a third strike or ball four.

No mention of having to get out of the way.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
She should start practicing getting out of the way. A ball to the elbow, ribs or shin could ruin her day and make her afraid of the ball.

"Practicing" getting out of the way WILL make her think about not getting hit rather than putting bat on the ball.

DD was a ball magnet. Got hit pretty much everywhere at some point, often more than the rest of the team combined. Never bothered her. Get an elbow guard if you're really concerned.

Oct 14, 2019
"Practicing" getting out of the way WILL make her think about not getting hit rather than putting bat on the ball.

DD was a ball magnet. Got hit pretty much everywhere at some point, often more than the rest of the team combined. Never bothered her. Get an elbow guard if you're really concerned.
When the ball’s a foot inside you’re not swinging at it. It’s basic pitch recognition.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

This is my kid, too. She has become fairly skilled at moving in a way that looks like she's trying to avoid, but actually makes her a little wider. She has talked about the details of her maneuvers in great detail on the way home from games - LOL.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
One time had a pitch that was coming toward my head... seeing this...
tilted my helmet forward and essentially bunted the ball with the helmet.
Kind of started stepping towards 1st
Cuz I got hit from it 😁
but the umpire said no and called it a ball

Oct 14, 2019
One time had a pitch that was coming toward my head... seeing this...
tilted my helmet forward and essentially bunted the ball with the helmet.
Kind of started stepping towards 1st
Cuz I got hit from it 😁
but the umpire said no and called it a ball
this is what they call a softball. i’ll let @pattar supply the punchline.

Apr 8, 2019
My kid is the Ted Williams of HBP. She averages over 2 a tournament. She only had it called a ball one time and we never did find out if it was actually a rule. I think there are so many different orgs that everyone has trouble keeping the rule straight, umps included. And it's not like the coaches go over it in pregame.

Mar 8, 2016
DD would love it if she got pitched inside enough to ever get a HBP. She is licky to ever see a pitch anywhere but outside unless it is a change or rise

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321