Hip Bruise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Hillhouse Thanks for confirming the padding concern I have and that when done right it shouldn't hurt. That video was one of the ones from when she says she hit her side too hard. Also just wanted to thank you for your videos. Nothing has had more of a positive impact on her career as a pitcher (and my understanding of pitching) than when we watched those and worked on the move away from HE.

@Jeffrey I always wondered about the backswing being too far, we'll try straightening it out today and see if that helps. It's a relatively new change to her motion so we're trying to get it dialed in.

@DrRiello Thanks for taking the time to give screen by screen feedback. When you say make sure her arm is on the power line are you specifically mentioning the ball arm, or glove too? I've never been clear on how close on the line both arms should be and we've struggled fixing glove swim in the past. I have been happy with the brush, it seems like we're close, so hopefully a couple small changes from this thread will help a bit.

Ball arm. If it’s going over her head it’s off the power line. Same on back swing too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
my dd had the same problem 5 years ago. In my opinion, this is a result of the pitcher not actually feeling the whip/understanding whip/mastered the whip. Boardmemeber's bat drill and Java's videos help my dd understand whip and when it clicked for her all of these issued resolved .... speed and accuracy dramatically increased.

Jan 28, 2020
my dd had the same problem 5 years ago. In my opinion, this is a result of the pitcher not actually feeling the whip/understanding whip/mastered the whip. Boardmemeber's bat drill and Java's videos help my dd understand whip and when it clicked for her all of these issued resolved .... speed and accuracy dramatically increased.
can you share these drills/videos?

Mar 9, 2011
Columbus IN
Have her do crossfire drill, (basically, she moves to her right, throws low and away)this will get arm to roll around hip. Instead of into hip. This will also get her forearm to make contact more on the meat instead of bone.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I’m seeing her arm being too straight which doesn’t allow for the forearm to wrap/roll/brush below the hip bone. Instead it slams against the side and strikes the hip. Looks like it hurts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi