Hilarious article out of New Jersey

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
They were told to spend X, they decided they didn't have to follow the rules. They spent Y instead and were punished for it.

And you have no idea if that was the first time they screwed up, the 4th, or the 44th.

Since all of this is no big deal to about half of you I feel like you should follow in their footsteps and start using the same excuses you are making for them in your daily lives.

So if you hit a time clock for a living you should start showing up for work 6 minutes late.

Do it tomorrow.

What if you showed up 3 minutes late and then celebrated it by leaving 3 minutes early every day for a week or two?

It's only 6 minutes, right?

You must be great fun in person. I'd very much like to be as tough as you sound. I'm sure nobody here knows anything about working for a living, or even doing jobs where mistakes might even get someone hurt. Many on this board have plenty of experience not only with softball, but with life. One helps balance the view of the other. There's a thin line between high standards and being an A-hole. A bit less condescension and a more understanding of the audience would be good.

Oct 19, 2019
I'd very much like to be as tough as you sound.

Oh, I know.

Posting that it's a good idea to follow the rules of an organization that you voluntarily joined makes me sound like a true hard ***.

It's regular ole Navy SEAL chit, I tells ya.

Jun 8, 2016
Oh, I know.

Posting that it's a good idea to follow the rules of an organization that you voluntarily joined makes me sound like a true hard ***.

It's regular ole Navy SEAL chit, I tells ya.
The question isn't whether one should follow the rules and if they don't then whether they should be punished for it. Of course there should be consequences for their actions. It is, instead, whether the punishment fit the crime. If somebody is late for work they probably would get a talking to from the boss and if it happened again maybe fired but they certainly wouldn't first be forced to run sprints around the workplace naked before leaving. Again I am not siding with anybody here just saying that there are right and wrong ways to do things and sometimes coaches cross that line, whether they realize it or not.

Oct 19, 2019
10 miles naked around the office building first.

Wow.

I missed this piece of the article.

I thought they had to perform some basic physical activity that any college athlete should be able to perform.

I had no idea they were forced to run 10 miles with no clothing on.

Jun 8, 2016
Wow.

I missed this piece of the article.

I thought they had to perform some basic physical activity that any college athlete should be able to perform.

I had no idea they were forced to run 10 miles with no clothing on.
Stop being obtuse..there were other things in that article besides the thing you are focusing on. You think it is ok for a male coach to make jokes (which appeared to be mean in nature) about women menstruating? You don't think that could be embarrassing to some young ladies? How would you like it if your DD's head coach told her she was hitting like she was on her period? So yes I was combining a few of things in that article to make a point..my fault.

Also, for the record, I had plenty of coaches who were asses. I had a basketball coach in HS who threw basketballs at our heads if we screwed up. My college baseball coach hazed us as freshmen by making us chew tobacco and then swallow it so we would puke. He also put us all in a room and and initiated a conversation about our first sexual experiences. The same guy called me Tourette because I was inclined to have emotional outbursts when I didn't perform as well as I wanted to.

Just because nobody ever said anything back then doesn't mean it was right. I can tell you one thing it didn't do, it didn't make me any better a ballplayer.

Finally, as you seem to be new, ask anybody on here: there is nobody as far away from being a coddling parent than me....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00