High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
We aren't that far north but TN limits regular season game numbers to 34. However, tournaments only count as four games no matter how many you play per tourney. We will probably get in about 35-38 games before post season begins.

I wish we could play that many, but don't have enough pitching. 2200 kids in the school and we can only get 1 1/2 pitchers :)

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I wish we could play that many, but don't have enough pitching. 2200 kids in the school and we can only get 1 1/2 pitchers :)
We've got two, but throw our sophomore ace quite a bit. She's a Fury Platinum Kid. Not really a good three game a day type team. Just hope we get everybody back healthy for post season. Got 4 rising freshman pitchers coming next year.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Ohio limits their HS teams to 28 games. Tournaments I believe are limited to 3 but don't hold me to that.

Thanks to the 4 bullies on DD's ex- HS team that managed to chase her and 3 others, which were their 4 best players off of the team, this team has no prayers of post season play. In the first 3 conference games they've been outscored 45-2. They also have no pitching thanks to the HC which is entirely another long story. Now they're stuck with 2 Freshman pitchers. One is a rec baller and the other was also until last year when she went TB. So she has at least one year of better competition. That said, She still only has 2 pitches, ball velocity is low and accuracy is average at best.

The team is in SC playing a HS tournament over Spring Break and are stinking the place up so bad that the HC pulled all of the starters (including the 4 bullies) and replaced them with the back-ups. The back-ups actually played better. The next game, the back-ups started and played. They actually won the game. I'm certain that the defecation will contact the rotary oscillator when they get back if the starters don't make it on the field again.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2017
Nother loss. 4-4 for the season now. I think the downward spiral will start now. Getting to the upper teams in our division for a little before we play the weaker ones again to start the 2nd time we see teams.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
If you're wanting to watch some HS softball today, I will be broadcasting two games today at 2:30 and 4pm ET on Periscope app. You can search jdaddy18, or Jason Lamb to find it. First game is Powell vs Hendersonville and the next will be Powell vs DeKalb Co. Should be able to check out our third game, Powell vs Kings Academy at 7 ET searching bm454 on Periscope.

Jan 25, 2011
Okay, too add insult to injury. The coach of the other high school team put in the newspaper that his team had 17 hits last night against my dd. They had only 5 hits according to our score keeper. She was telling our coach after the game how many errors there were and how you can't win games or blame the pitcher for the loss. I guess that coach must be trying to pad the batting average of his players.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Okay, too add insult to injury. The coach of the other high school team put in the newspaper that his team had 17 hits last night against my dd. They had only 5 hits according to our score keeper. She was telling our coach after the game how many errors there were and how you can't win games or blame the pitcher for the loss. I guess that coach must be trying to pad the batting average of his players.

Nice! So I do gamechanger for the parents and the team does gamechanger for the team which no one but me follows. I decided to peek into a game my DD went 3 for 3 in. Her last at bat she crushes it over LF and hits the top of the wall for a stand up double, over throw and advances to 3rd. The team GC says error on CF!!!! No hit credited. I looked at some other games where she did not get a hit, or a FC they credit her with a hit. The players running GC don't know the differences between a Sac bunt, FC, Sac Fly, single with a 2 base error, an infield single, etc. Sounds like the coaches in the area don't know the differences either!

Mar 29, 2017
My DD has been keeping score for the JV games cause she was ineligible this week. The "manager" that is a girl that played last year but decided she just wanted to help the team this year was watching her. DD wrote in a backwards K. Girl was like, that's wrong, why would you write a K backwards. My DD told her it was cause she struck out looking. Girls argues with her with a major attitude. DD says "hey coach, what's a backwards K mean in the score book?" Coach tells her. Girl shuts up. LOL

I offered to run game changer and to teach the team managers (our school its kids that just want to help, not play) how to use it. None of the coaches said they wanted it.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My DD has been keeping score for the JV games cause she was ineligible this week. The "manager" that is a girl that played last year but decided she just wanted to help the team this year was watching her. DD wrote in a backwards K. Girl was like, that's wrong, why would you write a K backwards. My DD told her it was cause she struck out looking. Girls argues with her with a major attitude. DD says "hey coach, what's a backwards K mean in the score book?" Coach tells her. Girl shuts up. LOL

I offered to run game changer and to teach the team managers (our school its kids that just want to help, not play) how to use it. None of the coaches said they wanted it.

Why would the coaches actually want someone who knows how to accurately keep score? it looks much better stat-wise when the scorekeepers don't know what they're doing.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA